17' Series Any Suggestions on a New 17-56-2 Touring (Expander)

Glenn todd

Sep 16, 2014
Hi Every one
I am picking up my new Expander 17-56-2 on 15 Dec. any suggestions on any items that i should check out prior to taking delivery.
Any feed back will be appreciated.

Regards,

Glenn

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Three things I'd suggest. Take a screw driver to your cupboard handles. Make sure they're not stripped. Not a big deal, but an annoying fix in a brand new van. Inspect rubbers around the front and rear bed cover doors - mine are split (and as a result, rusted). Finally have a close look at the fibreglass around the bed end openings. My dealership pointed out a few cracks in the front door (that I might not have noticed) which they are kindly fixing under warranty.

Finally, hard to know when picking the van up, but make sure your flush works on the loo. Ours worked on the first outing, but one the second something went wrong. Press the button, pump runs but no water. I think (possibly) the hose between the pump and the outlet in the bowl has come off/loose as when I moved the van out of the drive on Saturday my FIL said there was a heap of water come out from the frame/floor of the van. Bit dissapointed..... Hopefully fixed this week. More hopeful that my problems are a one off - hoping others don't have these issues!

Daz