Antenna direction

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
what direction do your antenna's face in relation to the pointer inside?
I ask because the back of the antenna, as in when it's laying down, is the direction of the pointer, I would have thought the pointer should be in the direction of the face not the vertical bar

BTW it's a snow flake model

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Dont think it matters with those, then again I have (had) the other style, I think think pointer is mainly there to indicate the correct position to lay it down.

Guess I'll find out when my van comes back on the weekend, the new roof is meant to have the new type aerial fitted.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
It wouldn't surprise me if it was 180 out, another problem i have with it is if you lay the arm down in the centre of the locators the flake nearly hangs off the side of the roof & you need to turn it one notch to keep it over the roof

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Mine is out by 180, so the pointer says it is faceing foward, when the direction of the areial is faceing backwards. I ain't to worried, as the pointer line up when i am putting it down. That is the main thing.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I thought the pointer was for aligning when laying it down too.
come to think of it, I have a feeling the base plate also has an equivalent arrow to match the swiveling arrow.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Well I worked this one out for myself :).
It just so happens where I'm currently camping is on a fringe area for the signal strength, & with the aid of the antenna mate app I lined the arrow up with the pointer on the roof & happy days I have reception :) but if I turn it 180deg I get nothing, previously I had tried this test & it made no difference must have always had good signal.