Another wheel issue.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
adams wheel.jpg

Just thought I would post this for you to see. It is off my brothers expanda, remarkably it was still holding air. He damaged it somewhere on his return trip fom Ayers Rock last month. A motorist folowing said he had a wobbly wheel so checked by jacking up and tested, all good? got his mate to follow him and wobbled until he sped up a bit then all good so proceded with care to the caravan park where they removed the wheel to find this. The tyre had bulged causing it to look wobbly. He swapped it and got home ok and has since bought a new rim. He cant remember running over anything so maybe a dodgey rim? His van is about a 2010 16/49.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Wow, could have been worse.

Looking at the pic at the 12 o'clock position it looks like the rim has a mark on it on the edge maybe it may hit something like a pot hole where the rim has got hit twice, when entering and exiting the pot hole. The wobble being the buckled rim

Just a thought

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Welcome to the world of Chinese alloys. Late model cars use them, even Australian made makes and the wheels crack. I have had a tyre/wheel wobble on my car recently. Thought the diff was stuffed. Kept checking wheels until I finally found wheel in right spot. It had a bubble in it. I have gone through 2 rims on my 2 year old car.

Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
You might be right Cruza ,I guess we will never know exactly what caused it. Just something else to keep an eye on. On the pothole thing the far side of the hole would be where all the damage is done not the edge leading in wouldn't it?

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
The wobble would also been the fact the wheel was severely out of balance. It may have put a lot of pressure on the axle and hub, so I'd get them check to make sure no permanent damage there either.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
You might be right Cruza ,I guess we will never know exactly what caused it. Just something else to keep an eye on. On the pothole thing the far side of the hole would be where all the damage is done not the edge leading in wouldn't it?

If that's what caused it yes generally I would say yes, by looking at the rim if that's what happened it depends what side of the van was on would signal what side of the pothole may have caused it.

As you said your right we may never know but a good reminder to keep a check on everything :thumb:

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
That comment was posted at 10:46am.
You shouldn't be drinking at work...

how else do you get through the day????

9.00am >>:minion_write:
9.05 am>>:very_drunk:
9.10am>>:minion_happy::minion_golf::minion_kungfu::minion_tongue::minion_wave::minion_jumping: