Another leaky van,not a Jayco.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
My mate rang up yesterday and said his 2 year old Retreat van ,(around $78.000.00 new )has major internal framing problems from water leaks including cladding corrosion.Cost of repairs could be upwards of ten grand or more. Retreat will not acknowledge his claim.Retreats warranty problems are handled by another company who are also not coming to the party. Mind you he bagged me when I bought the Jayco Discovery Outback.!! Fall apart,leak like a sieve etc.etc. Touch wood ,no problems YET.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Eternal vigilance is required no matter what breed of van, I found a soft spot right at the back of a cupboard down near the floor, took awhile but a loose rivet on the awning sail track was the culprit, luckily Big Mal (Coromal) is alloy frame or I would have been in strife .... tell your mate to become a weather watcher and chase the hail, at least then the labour and new tin is paid for by insurance and he would only cop the frame fix or its written off.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
He was also told get rid of the vinyl front with the foam padding, any stone rips etc lets water in and rots the ply front behind it. Chequer plate will be put on in the repair.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
He was also told get rid of the vinyl front with the foam padding, any stone rips etc lets water in and rots the ply front behind it. Chequer plate will be put on in the repair.

My padded vinyl front has tin behind it, sorry state having wood behind .

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Had a similar problem on one of my old vans, over 10 years ago. Repair quote then was north of 20k. Sold the van to a dealer and went back to Jayco.

Last edited:
Reactions: mfexpanda