Another 1st ........for me anyway!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Just because I can I thought I'd do the Christmas Turkey in the webber yum yum o the juiciest bird we've ever had

image.jpg

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Geez now I am going to have go out and buy a turkey....

Why did I read this thread :)!!!

Seriously but looks good, how did you do it temp / time?

Had it on 200deg for about 2 1/2 hours It was a bit tall even with the high lid on the 200 so I sat a piece of alfoil on top because the bird was touching the lid
My Brothers Wife made the Stuffing so Im not sure what was in that (I'll find out) but it was very moist I think that made a big difference to how juicy the meat was
I had a digital meat probe which recommended 79 deg was the cooked temp for Turkey and it was bang on

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Fantastic. Looks like a bigger Q for home is now an essential. With just the two of us we'd have to reckon on turkey sandwiches for of fortnight though!

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We did a 3kg lamb on the baby q for 3 hrs and smoked the ham in the kettle weber for about 7 hours! Both lots of meet were really good. We are also looking at getting a family q for home too now

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
G'day all,
Sounds like the webber roasts went well for Xmas. To add to the list of roasts I put on a turducken roast ( Turkey, Duck, and Chicken wrapped in Bacon with walnut stuffing) for Xmas dinner. Had it on for 3hrs in the webber babyQ on 120 degrees then turned it up to 250 for 15 to brown/crisp the outside bacon layer. Must say it was a first for me with the Turducken, but I'm really glad we did it was one of the best roasts I've had. It had so much flavor and with the different meats infused into the whole cooking process it will not be my last one.

Anyway just thought I'd share my roasting experience.

Happy camping, merry Xmas and have and safe and happy new year

Regards

Rob

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
I forgot to take photos but cooked the chicken in the Weber first and followed that up with the lamb....both came up a treat. did think of using the oven in the van for the chicken whilst the lamb was in the weber but decided to do one after the other.

Followed up this morning with a good weber fry up for breakie

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
We were at my sisters yesterday for lunch and my BIL was doing a turkey in his Weber 100.
He also had a Weber wireless probe sender and receiver in the bird and it had a preset temp that he was cooking it at. I was impressed with that. I don't own a Weber at all...

Bird was very tasty when done!!!!

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
G'day all,
Sounds like the webber roasts went well for Xmas. To add to the list of roasts I put on a turducken roast ( Turkey, Duck, and Chicken wrapped in Bacon with walnut stuffing) for Xmas dinner. Had it on for 3hrs in the webber babyQ on 120 degrees then turned it up to 250 for 15 to brown/crisp the outside bacon layer. Must say it was a first for me with the Turducken, but I'm really glad we did it was one of the best roasts I've had. It had so much flavor and with the different meats infused into the whole cooking process it will not be my last one.

Anyway just thought I'd share my roasting experience.

Happy camping, merry Xmas and have and safe and happy new year

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob I was going to get a Boned Rolled Turdukin as well but they were $145 So I "chickened" out, so to speak. Was yours Boned and rolled or was it actually a Duck in a Chicken in a Turkey?

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Hi Rob I was going to get a Boned Rolled Turdukin as well but they were $145 So I "chickened" out, so to speak. Was yours Boned and rolled or was it actually a Duck in a Chicken in a Turkey?

G'day Grant mate mine was the boned and rolled Turducken from Aldi of all places it was only a small roll for the 4 of us that being the wife, my daughter,mother in law and I, so it did the job as it was supplemented with the usual garlic and mediterrainian prawns, raw fish, roast veggies salads etc.

Regards

Rob

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Here's our Xmas pork. 5 kg of pork from your local trustworthy butcher, 2 x 10 kg bags of heat beads, 5 hrs of your time (1 hr to light the beads & 4 hrs cooking) a good chair and an even better supply of beer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 412
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 383