16' Series Annex issue

Chrisand Susan

Apr 2, 2017
Victoria
Hi all my wife and i just bought a 2010 16.49 outback expanda, it came with an annex, however it appears the roll out awning is new and there is no hole for the deflappers for the side walls to fit in, do i have to drill these myself or am i missing something

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you Google your awning anti flap kit you should find the instructions for drilling the holes in the barrel, need to get the barrel in just the right position so check 3 times before doing the job....I would mark the spots then roll barrel so awning is well out of the way, punch the hole spots before drilling so you shouldn't slip.....best to read instructions as too hard to describe on here.

Chrisand Susan

Apr 2, 2017
Victoria
If you Google your awning anti flap kit you should find the instructions for drilling the holes in the barrel, need to get the barrel in just the right position so check 3 times before doing the job....I would mark the spots then roll barrel so awning is well out of the way, punch the hole spots before drilling so you shouldn't slip.....best to read instructions as too hard to describe on here.
Thanks for the help I'm guessing I'm getting tools out when home

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its the easiest way getting the directions on paper, I have some cloth tape over the holes as they tend to leave an impression on the awning and the tape softens it down, the spike on the post just punches a hole in the tape. Measure 6x, drill once.

Reactions: Chrisand Susan