Journey All terrain or OB journey 2020 model

Robert

Apr 15, 2015
Wollongong
Hi all, looking at replacing our starcraft 17.53-3 OB pop top. Had a look at the OB journey 19.61-3 and saw an all-terrain version of the 19ft without the bunks. Do you think the extra money for the all-terrain is worth it? We did the tip last year and a few other offroad tracks in the current van and it held up as well as could be expected (replaced on draws/lock on fridge to stop it rattling open etc).

Just wondering if anyone has the all-terrain version and has any feedback on the build quality or do we stick with the OB version and save a few dollars

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
What is the weight inference going to be. Surely the all terrain is going to be heavier.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
You really expect the build quality to be any different? It's still the same wood panels and screws etc etc. It's just got different external panelling yeah?

It also weighs about 200kg more. Maybe there is added strengthening somewhere?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all, looking at replacing our starcraft 17.53-3 OB pop top. Had a look at the OB journey 19.61-3 and saw an all-terrain version of the 19ft without the bunks. Do you think the extra money for the all-terrain is worth it? We did the tip last year and a few other offroad tracks in the current van and it held up as well as could be expected (replaced on draws/lock on fridge to stop it rattling open etc).

Just wondering if anyone has the all-terrain version and has any feedback on the build quality or do we stick with the OB version and save a few dollars
My undetsranding is that the All Terrain has std options some of which you can add to a Journey, and other options unique to the All Terrain range some of which are relics from the defunct Adventurer. Heavier chassis sections, better cabinetry fixings etc Like buying a Landcruiser GXL and adding all the Sahara options. If your happy with the Journey options, or you want the All Terrain options

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Probably a better chance of ordering the All terrain 2020 model though as not a lot of build slots, if any, left in some journey models this year. I know there is none for the 22.68-1 Outback model

Presto

Oct 27, 2019
Qld
I'm going to guess none if any of the Journey OB left.
I placed a deposit on a 19.61-3 OB 2 weeks ago in Brisbane and there was not many left then. Late Nov delivery "IF" they don't shut down again.
I personally don't think the All-Terrain is worth the extra 10k? throw some more options at the Journey OB and your basically there anyway.

Reactions: Brente1982

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I’d buy the all terrain to get rid of the awful plastic nose and tail light moldings . The propeller plate is much better