17' Series Aircon Troubles

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
i have recently purchased a 17.56 expanda outback and discovered the truma aircon is leaking inside the van any ideas as to why

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @vasco pyjama, glad you sorted out your post. I will be interested in any answers you get as we are waiting for delivery of a new van fitted with a Truma air con. I am not sure if we will have any problems with it.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welome @vasco pyjama . Can't help with your specific problem. I notice that in your signature it says you have a 2014 model 17.56.
Maybe get it checked by your dealer, or authorised jayco agent, under warranty?

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
van is level so that's not the problem. had aircon company come and check it out and they said that on high fan speed it is sucking the water back into the van , so they got hold of truma and they said they had never heard of the problem and to maybe run the fan on medium instead of high , but as far as I am concerned it should be able to run on any setting so I have put it back into Jaycos hands as it is a warranty issue. Besides the dripping inside the unit works very well , we live in Karratha and had it running on a 40 degree day and it coped fine so will just wait and see what they come back with.

MBC004

Feb 3, 2014
mine leaked inside from the very beginning, through the LED strip, and after a small argument with the parts manger in Brisbane ( he told me my van does not have a led strip in the aircon) they had truma come out and found the water poolong on the inside of the unit. the van was there for 3 days and they " resealed" the unit and I have not a problem

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
mine leaked inside from the very beginning, through the LED strip, and after a small argument with the parts manger in Brisbane ( he told me my van does not have a led strip in the aircon) they had truma come out and found the water poolong on the inside of the unit. the van was there for 3 days and they " resealed" the unit and I have not a problem
thanks for that see what happens next time we use A/C last trip we did not turn on.
Apart from we use the light when kids in bed :)