About to take delivery of our first Expanda

Frank

Feb 14, 2014
G'day all, About to take delivery of our new Expanda (16.49), after having a Jayco HAWK for a couple of years. A couple of questions, we haven't optioned for an annexe, does anyone recommend deflapper kits? Are they any good?
What length is the awning as we will be purchasing the screen wall.
We have also been quoted a cost price of 320$ for a cover. This seems a little OTT, can anyone recommend a cheaper option but obviously good quality.
Cheers
Frank

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
IMO unless you are attaching an annex I don't see the need of a deflapper. If it's that windy your not going to sit outside so put the awning in. And my golden rule is always put the awning in whenever away from the van, the weather could change whilst away. I watched an awning get ripped off a motorhome one time, tried to put it in but I couldn't work out how too.

Ring up any Jayco dealer and they'll tell you the length of the awning. I got some screens for mine recently and they are great. Well worth it.

As far as covers go, try of Ebay. I got one for $80. I can't compare the quality to others but it basically looks like its made from the same material as a enviro shopping bag. I only got it to keep the sun off.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231147866128

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

Reactions: bigcol and blacky