A short five week trip into Qld!

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Well this year our usual long trip into Qld from Yamba was held up my wife getting two jury call ups in four weeks !no trials eventuated but put us back till early August and then into school holidays..Usual run up to Toogoolawah Showgrounds,onto Cania Gorge ,very dry, night at Biloela Heritage Machinery park,Bilo where the bakery serves fresh cream donuts ,and apple turnovers ,fresh made sickly false mock cream ,yuk!On up to Rubyvale for a week where we again got some reasonable sapphires.Clearmont has a top bakery with real cow cream in monster apple turnovers!Road down past Moranbah to Blacks Beach Mackay is all over the place ,just shows what mining money can build?! Blacks Bch Caravan pk blew a SE gale for four days ,this park has more leaf blowers all working together than anywhere.Idiot upwind of us thought it was a great idea to fire up and blow more c….p onto our site ,untill a few words where I would stick his blower sorted things out.Onto Bowens Queens Tourist pk for a week to see a mate,then via Airlie Tasman Caravan pk to see a mate who forgot tell mention he wouldnt be there ,one night at Cape Palmerston
then on to Emu park CPk now another Tasman park.On to Agnes Water Reef Caravan Pk did the LARC trip up to Bustard Head greatvday out ,,Inland to Joe Bielke Peterson dam for a one night stop too hot.Long drive to Glen Innes .three days there ,including a frost!Then home.
Observations! Young couples with kids now in Rams,and Chevs towing huge vans the norm up the coast!Know two park owners who are at wits end with kids running amok ,ie electric scooters ,etc being abused by parents when asking them to control kids.Same problems with dogs! Bruce Highway still a disgrace ,even near new sections breaking up .Dare I say ,Vics hogging caravan parks for now upto four months,!Rubbish on Qld roadsides getting worse.Qld now at saturation point with RVs etc. ! The Jeep towed the J 17.58 Poptop Outback with no problems.

Reactions: chartrock