4WD Supa Centre

danrockn

Sep 13, 2014
I have the awning and they're pretty good for the price. I had a mate who had a compressor that he couldn't turn off. He walked in with the receipt and it was swapped on the spot One of my other mate had an LED light at that filled with water. After they confirmed proof, it was swapped (sent via post).

As for the fridge horror stories, they have caught fire. Funny enough, they're a rebranded Waeco. Eventually Waeco issued a recall on their fridge and Kings fridge. I think Waeco was trying to hide the rebranding. Even though they look exactly the same.

Reactions: bigcol

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have bought their underwater camera, I've yet to test it and also a 3 m X 2 m awning, I tested it out over the weekend and was very happy with it and have also purchased the extended awning piece which is yet to come out of its bag. Have purchased a camera on line and had it sent to my daughter in Cairns and it arrived with no problems. Bought the awning from the store in Burleigh where most stuff is on display.

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Anyone bought one of the 2k generators off these guys?
Our 3yr old 1k masters model stopped working on the weekend (I might have tried to turn on the air con with it!) and I'm now either up for a new one or repair what I've got.... Wish I could afford a honda!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Anyone bought one of the 2k generators off these guys?
Our 3yr old 1k masters model stopped working on the weekend (I might have tried to turn on the air con with it!) and I'm now either up for a new one or repair what I've got.... Wish I could afford a honda!
I havent bought one from them, but I did buy one from Outbax camping which appear to be exactly the same generators.

Mine is the same as this one https://outbaxcamping.com.au/genamax-3-5kva-inverter-generator-remote-electric-start.html and its been great.

Not as quiet and refined and a Honda, but not as expensive either, and for the amount I need it, I'm happy with it.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
I like the look of that, heaps of power. But 40kg's is a lot of weight. Twice the weight of the smaller 2kw ones. If I towed with a ute I wouldn't worry, weight in the car would be less of an issue.
Need to keep it around 20kgs as it's stored in the van when traveling

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I like the look of that, heaps of power. But 40kg's is a lot of weight. Twice the weight of the smaller 2kw ones. If I towed with a ute I wouldn't worry, weight in the car would be less of an issue.
Need to keep it around 20kgs as it's stored in the van when traveling
Yeah it is heavy, but I carry it in the car not the van, so for us its not such an issue

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Still dealing with Kings, 4WD Superstore, having bought one of theirs ThumpaMax compressor last year. Only used it a couple of times after finding it pulled up to 90 amps (see previous post). I needed to use it recently and it did not work, the warranty was up in a week. I got in touch with KINGS and after change of emails, some photos and a video I now have a brand new compressor. It had a good workout today with daughter’s van and my tug and performed perfectly. I will be happy to shop at Kings again.