17' Series 2016 hard lids

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Hi all, has anyone compared the 2016 hard lids with the 2014 to see if the 2014 storm covers will fit? They do look similar apart from the extra bracing.
Cheers.

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
I noticed at the caravan and camping show the new hard lids, also noticed that they mount the plastic fittings that the covers slide into, in about 8 inches from the outside edge. There seems to be a lot more criss cross strengthening within the lid on the underside covered in fiberglass so gives a lot more options to screw in the plastic track. Plus then you would not have the problems of storm covers being so tight and only just fitting.

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks Barney, that is what I was hoping. I want to leave the privacy screens on like the std Jayco ones and have a secondary sail track for the storm covers. Sounds like this would be possible. Has anyone got a 2016 with privacy screens and can they stay on when packing up?

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Thanks Barney, that is what I was hoping. I want to leave the privacy screens on like the std Jayco ones and have a secondary sail track for the storm covers. Sounds like this would be possible. Has anyone got a 2016 with privacy screens and can they stay on when packing up?
After talking with the sales people at the show, I get the feeling they are pushing just to have storm covers only and not the shadecloth privacy screens. His words were "thats why they have the flyscreen section in them, to act as a privacy screen". Because if you think about it, where does the fly screen piece of the storm covers really stop fly from going.

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
After talking with the sales people at the show, I get the feeling they are pushing just to have storm covers only and not the shadecloth privacy screens. His words were "thats why they have the flyscreen section in them, to act as a privacy screen". Because if you think about it, where does the fly screen piece of the storm covers really stop fly from going.
Good point, I wonder if you would be able to leave the storm cover fitted when packing up.

Mouse

Aug 9, 2015
Victoria
Hi, we have a 16.49 2016 model, and are able to leave the bed end flys on when we close it all up. We didn't get the storm covers because we had been told that they couldn't stay on the van when you pack up....hope this helps