2014 Fabric selection

Mel

Jan 20, 2014
Hi all,

Just wondering what colors are proving to be the popular choice with the new 2014 Fabric's?

Cheers,
Mel

feva

Nov 25, 2013
Hi Mel,
We pick up our van on thursday (very excited!!), and we chose java smoke/Metro charcoal - we have three young kids and thought this would be a safer choice for showing any stains that may eventuate! It looks a lot nicer in real-life than the photo on the jayco website and it also has a nice feel to it also. Initially we chose thorpe/cadel charcoal and then we changed our minds.

Mel

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Mel,
We pick up our van on thursday (very excited!!), and we chose java smoke/Metro charcoal - we have three young kids and thought this would be a safer choice for showing any stains that may eventuate! It looks a lot nicer in real-life than the photo on the jayco website and it also has a nice feel to it also. Initially we chose thorpe/cadel charcoal and then we changed our minds.

Hi feva,

Its funny that you say that as we're currently deciding between these 2 combinations also. We originaly decided on thorpe/cadel charcoal.

feva

Nov 25, 2013
Hi feva,

Its funny that you say that as we're currently deciding between these 2 combinations also. We originaly decided on thorpe/cadel charcoal.

We found that the thorpe/cadel charcoal was really hard to look at...when you look at it, it kind of "strobes" (can't think of another word) but it played a trick on the eyes. We also went with a light laminex colour.

Reactions: PandaLee and Ren77

feva

Nov 25, 2013
We going chullo shadow and kicker pewter. Thought less material to start getting pulls and kids dark
Also lucky enough to see a van with it when ordering.
It's the laminex not sure if dark or light now

Thats a nice one too!

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
...and if you have kids, Scotch-guard everything the day you bring it home. Curtains and seats.
The smell will linger for 24 hours and then you won't notice it after that.
2 cans will suffice and give you a 'fabric treatment' car dealers like to charge hundreds of $ for.
Cheers
Andrew

feva

Nov 25, 2013
...and if you have kids, Scotch-guard everything the day you bring it home. Curtains and seats.
The smell will linger for 24 hours and then you won't notice it after that.
2 cans will suffice and give you a 'fabric treatment' car dealers like to charge hundreds of $ for.
Cheers
Andrew
Great tip Andrew! Never thought of that! Putting it on my list now!

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
I like Java/Metro and Thorpe/Cadel. Prefer the Thorpe but I can see it does have that optical illusion type of effect as mentioned by feva above!

Love the taupe but wouldn't choose it with kids!

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
We had originally chosen the Thorpe as well but with the size of the club lounge in our van, i really think the pattern would be too overwhelming so we are now getting the Basel/Cadel Deepsea. Saw it in at the dealer in another 20.63.1 and I absolutely loooove it! All of our linen is plain navy or teal so everything compliments the colour scheme....can't wait!

feva

Nov 25, 2013
Picked up our new van and really really love our fabric choice now i have seen it in the flesh. (java smoke).

Reactions: Ren77

feva

Nov 25, 2013
Nawww, that sucks! Any plans for a shakedown trip?
Thinking somewhere close as we've never towed before! Possibly Inverloch. We can't wait! Still haven't seen the van again since we towed it out of the sales yard! :(

Reactions: Ren77

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
The Fabic we have

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 165