2014 17.56-2 OB ideas for storage underneath?

Graham

Mar 2, 2014
Hi,

we are new to the Expanda - picking up a new 17.56-2 this week. Ideally I'd like to add a storage shelf underneath it for carrying some foldup tables etc - has anyone done this and happy to share pictures or advice.

My plan is to have storage underneath - 4 bike carrier on the rear, tool box on front and spare under at the rear. I just need some ideas on what is achievable particularly for the storage underneath.

thanks for any advice.

regards

Reactions: blacky

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Welcome to the forum.
I put a foldup table under the rear bed lid. Have removed the table out of the van! Got that idea from this forum.

Do you have the extended draw bar? I didn't so we are restricted to the size of the tool box and also the length of the load levellers.

Have also put a fold down tyre carrier and bike carrier onto a rear bumper. - see
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/new-bumper-for-spare-wheel.4427/page-2#post-66070

You will get plenty of modification ideas from this forum! I am currently making a drawer to put into my 16.49.3 - saves having to get on my hands and knees to find the right sized saucepan.

Graham

Mar 2, 2014
Welcome to the forum.
I put a foldup table under the rear bed lid. Have removed the table out of the van! Got that idea from this forum.

Do you have the extended draw bar? I didn't so we are restricted to the size of the tool box and also the length of the load levellers.

Have also put a fold down tyre carrier and bike carrier onto a rear bumper. - see
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/new-bumper-for-spare-wheel.4427/page-2#post-66070

You will get plenty of modification ideas from this forum! I am currently making a drawer to put into my 16.49.3 - saves having to get on my hands and knees to find the right sized saucepan.

Thanks for the response - we have the standard drawbar so will be limited in box size

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
I toyed with this underneath storage had cage made up ready to go in,just havent got around to fitting it.
Basically its a condemned shoping trolley cut down,had it set up to go under forward of entry door.

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I had also made up a cage which I swung from the chassis just behind where the original spare was but now under where the table is. But since then I felt it would be better weight distribution to have the spare on the rear bumper. The cage is still under the van