chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Boy, Expanda, my mates take the mickey out of me because I've had 3 vans in 4 years. One guy even reckons I'll have to sell my new one shortly because the water tanks will be empty. :) But I reckon you can beat me. What's the reason for this change?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well I'd better watch myself this weekend. We are off to the Gold Coast Camping and Caravan show so I think I will leave our credit cards at home. ;)

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hahahahahaahahaha

If it was me going to the show I would be spending the next week digging the biggest hole I could in the yard and burying the wallet and all.

That way it would take me a week to get at it if I found something :)

Let us know how the show is would be good to hear what's on offer?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well, I made it to the show today and all I spent was $9 for two cups of coffee. :D Rained all day, all vans being messed up with mud and grass clippings, lots were open but chains across rhe door allowing a look in but no entry.

Still satisfied with our van, had a good look at generators, solar panels, tyres, LED lighting and other odds and ends but nothing jumped out to say 'buy me'.

All in all, a good day, finishing up with a barbecue with our travelling mates. ;)

Paul

maddogqueen

May 3, 2011
Tom Price
Hi,

I am also looking at purchasing the same model but with 187L fridge, washing machine, slide out BBQ, drop down table outside, axcillary battery, full oven, and off road model, plus annex also quoted. Price was $63,000 with all extras. I personally think this is way too high the base price was $54,890. We are located in WA so maybe things here are dearer! Love to know what others have been quoted as not sure if it would be cheaper to get over east and delivered here.
Cheers!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Is that for the outback?

The base price of the non outback at the sydney show was $47204 and its roughly 2k more for an outback. They had a deal $49930 with awning, air, fridge and privacy screens.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/126-Caravan-Supershow-2011-Report....

Not sure how much extra shipping would be transporting it from the factory in Melbourne to WA vs Melbourne to Sydney and the difference in rego costs etc.

May pay to give a few dealers a bell and weigh up the cost difference vs fuel and accommodation etc?

maddogqueen

May 3, 2011
Tom Price
Hi,

It was the outback model. Thanks heaps for that will ring around and see if I can get a better deal! Is that Jayco Sydney I should go through? That's quite a difference in price. Thanks heaps for that! Cheers!!!!

maddogqueen

May 3, 2011
Tom Price
Brought from Caravanland in Perth. Managed to get the price down. Did ring Sydney but they said that they didn't transport could only pick the van up. So sounded like it would be easier just to purchase in WA. Just have to sell the camper now which gives us more time to find the $$$$.

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
18.57-9 $$$

expanda,

probably a bit late for you but may help others. Got the 18.57-9 in out back for 56K with the following
Third tank with RV control panel
100/ah battery
Fold down table
2 gas bayonnets
cd player with internal and external speakers
carefree awning
coleman slimline ac
solid rhs rear bar
Brakecontroller and 12 pin wired to tug

Have now added alot to my original quote but this is what it started of at from perth. They also gave me a trade in for my 05 OB hawk of 16.5K which was very good I thought.

Cheers Ben