17' Series 1756-2 OB ATM Increase

Patrick Cran

Apr 25, 2017
Brisbane
hi all I have a 2015 1756-2 OB with a ATM of 2549kg. I weighed it fully load with both tanks full and it weighed 2740kg. Has anyone upgraded the J-Tech suspension system and how did they do it? I'm in QLD and would like to know the cost associated with it.
Thanks in advance.
Pat

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What is the suspension rated to on the compliance plate ??? That will determine if you can up the max weight or not.................have heard that Jayco won't issue upgraded plates so that means an inspection by Transport.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
What is the suspension rated to on the compliance plate ??? That will determine if you can up the max weight or not.................have heard that Jayco won't issue upgraded plates so that means an inspection by Transport.
How does the axle group rating relate to the capacity ? I have the jtech, so as they are actually totally independent, is that per wheel, pair of wheels or all 4 ?

My plate says 2920

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I had mine increased by the dealer they just added more on the plate as i had it kicked back for prado ask them what the max can be and change your plate ???????

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
But see how wrong they can be with there plates just a guess but id say 90% are not what plate says this is a real problem i think and nothing will eva be done not many big businesses thease days are accountable for there mistakes they just keep making them

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Group Rating means the load that the whole set of wheels/tyres and suspension can carry and if I recall correctly cannot exceed the GVM of the vehicle but the ATM could be higher since the ball weight is taken by the tug, which sounds stupid to me as everything would be at max loading.

Somebody mentioned on here recently that Jayco won't do upgraded plates anymore @Bluey, I wonde rif the recent weigh in's have builders pulling up their socks...
I had a plate made to sute 100 series carnt think how heavy they made it but then new one issued for prado the ball weight bit is blank he said there doing that now this was last year i havent picked up that plate yet as i dont like empty ball weight cause that means its all up to us or me to keep it right when i know its not

Clewsy

Apr 17, 2017
Cairns
If you're in qld you have until 31 may to get it done under a loop hole that is about to change in qld. Tare 1550kg, I had 1850kg atm and gvm 2000kg on our 16ft outback. They check tyres and brakes, suspension and brakes and can do you a blue plate there and then then take paperwork to transport department. We now have atm and gvm of 2000kg. After 31'st you will have to get an engineer to do it that will cost you more. I used roadworthy 2 u. They're marybourgh region 0455559520. Bear in mind if you use weight distribution hitch some of the weight goes back to the van wheels and you have to take that into account. I made a spreadsheet to work it out, depends on wheel base measurements of car and van. We hade 300kg payload, now 450kg payload, but i take off 50kg from WDH on rear wheels, so payload of 400kg now.