17' Series 17.56-2 Extras

Scoobz

Jan 29, 2014
Rowville
Hi all. We're about to purchase a 2014 17.56-2 expanda & were wondering what people thought were the extras the we needed or would suggest getting??
What sort of prices should we be negotiating??

Ta!

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
My son purchased a 17.56.2 OB last sept. He added 2x 100w Solar Panels & Air Con onto roof.
He did get a superb deal, so if it is similar to what you are negotiating then how much are you expecting to pay? I'll find out how much he ended up paying..

Reactions: Scoobz

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Howdy & welcome @Schoobz - It's personal preference on how much you want to add and spend straight up...

Ligedy's 17.56-2 OB[/URL]

My panda has been decked out with the following factory extras:
- 2 x 120W Roof mounted solar panels (free camping requisite)
- 2 x 100AMP Auxiliary battery kits (free camping requisite)
- Drifter RV control panel
- External TV plug & 12V outlet (will get 2 x 12v external outlets next time).
- DVD/CD/AM/FM stereo with internal and external speakers - never used the DVD player as my cheap Kogan TV has one built it but love the external speakers (upgraded them as well which is easier with the cables and hole locations already there).
- Additional 240V power outlet to kerb side rear
- 12V & 240V plugs at main dining table (rarely used - I could live with out them)
- 12V & 240V plugs at bunk table (never used - kid's gadgets are charged at other sockets).
- 150L Fridge upgrade
- 12V Fan to rear of fridge
- External shower (kids loving have showers in the open air - me too, but could live with out it).
- Extra annexe light over external shower (comes in handy - throws lots of light out that side of the van)
- Extra annexe light to LHS of door
- Simplicity Independent Suspension upgrade (makes it heavier - but I love IS)
- 16” Wheels (not needed - just for looks)
- A Frame 300mm extension (recommended)
- Jockey wheel clamp to inside of A Frame (recommended)
- Anderson Plug to Fridge
- Privacy screens (never used as I've put water proof screens on)
- 2 x external picnic tables (love having two - saves me carting around another card table, use one for TV outside or coffee machine and still have one for bbq/food prep, etc, etc... )
- 4 x shelves to robe
- Curtains fitted to bunk beds
- External gas bayonet (standard) fitted to rear

I got the 17.56-2 with the 2nd dinette - I've never used it (touch wood - so far the weather has always been good to us so the kids play outside or use the main table if we can't get outside). I would now have preferred to get a built in bunk with the extra storage underneath and hatch to access stuff from the outside).

Re: pricing - I'm sure there is a RRP list for accessories available from a dealer somewhere (someone posted up a van price list recently) - work out a budget, factor in the must have then nice to have options then get them to put together quote with best pricing. Get a price from other dealerships you'd be willing to travel further to if applicable. It's your money - don't hesitate to get them to reprice various options over and over again until your satisfied to sign the dotted line.

good luck with it all.

Last edited:

Scoobz

Jan 29, 2014
Rowville
My son purchased a 17.56.2 OB last sept. He added 2x 100w Solar Panels & Air Con onto roof.
He did get a superb deal, so if it is similar to what you are negotiating then how much are you expecting to pay? I'll find out how much he ended up paying..
Thanks, haven't yet negotiated prices as yet. Shopping round then going to go to jayco with a "this is what we want, this is what we want to pay" type scenario!

Scoobz

Jan 29, 2014
Rowville
Howdy & welcome @Schoobz - It's personal preference on how much you want to add and spend straight up...

- DVD/CD/AM/FM stereo with internal and external speakers - never used the DVD player as my cheap Kogan TV has one built it but love the external speakers (upgraded them as well which is easier with the cables and hole locations already there).
- 12V & 240V plugs at main dining table (rarely used - I could live with out them)
- 12V & 240V plugs at bunk table (never used - kid's gadgets are charged at other sockets).
- 150L Fridge upgrade
- External shower (kids loving have showers in the open air - me too, but could live with out it).
- Extra annexe light over external shower (comes in handy - throws lots of light out that side of the van)
- 2 x external picnic tables (love having two - saves me carting around another card table, use one for TV outside or coffee machine and still have one for bbq/food prep, etc, etc... )
- 4 x shelves to robe

I got the 17.56-2 with the 2nd dinette - I've never used it (touch wood - so far the weather has always been good to us so the kids play outside or use the main table if we can't get outside). I would now have preferred to get a built in bunk with the extra storage underneath and hatch to access stuff from the outside).

Re: pricing - I'm sure there is a RRP list for accessories available from a dealer somewhere (someone posted up a van price list recently) - work out a budget, factor in the must have then nice to have options then get them to put together quote with best pricing. Get a price from other dealerships you'd be willing to travel further to if applicable. It's your money - don't hesitate to get them to reprice various options over and over again until your satisfied to sign the dotted line.

good luck with it all.
Thanks Ligedy, very expansive list, great to see! Yeah, we'll keep negotiating price until we're satisfied. Figure if they want the sale bad enough, they'll negotiate a fair price!!

Scoobz

Jan 29, 2014
Rowville

- 150L Fridge upgrade
- 4 x shelves to robe

good luck with it all.
Also going to get fixed bunks where the dinette is, seems a waste of space otherwise.