16 Series. Is the carefree awning standard??.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the carefree awnings on the expandas are a standard feature or an option I should be paying for.. Its just that I saw a post someone else started that suggested a dealer had told them its a standard item.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the carefree awnings on the expandas are a standard feature or an option I should be paying for.. Its just that I saw a post someone else started that suggested a dealer had told them its a standard item.

g'day, as we were shopping around for our van the awning was optional as was the air con. some dealers will include in sale though better malke it a question you ask.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Its funny what different things dealers say :confused:.

Ours was an extra along with A/C but I think they generally factor it into the the price standard as I reckon most people get it anyway, so they just quote it into the price.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I ordered one recently and the dealer included awning and A/C. I think they did it that way because most people get them. No doubt we paid for it but I hate dealers that say plus this plus that. Yet another dealer I went to said it was an option. Model we ordered was a 16-49-4

Cheers Geoff

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
I ordered one recently and the dealer included awning and A/C. I think they did it that way because most people get them. No doubt we paid for it but I hate dealers that say plus this plus that. Yet another dealer I went to said it was an option. Model we ordered was a 16-49-4

Cheers Geoff
gday geoff, dealer will have their on and off days, just depends when you walk in how their sales have been, play off all the main dealers and apples for apples get you more coin in your own sky rocket in the end.cheers.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Your right Geoff we to have just done the confirmation on our very first caravan a 16-49.4 after tenting for 24 years and you can have pretty much anything you want as long as you pay.

Feb 1, 2012
Its funny what different things dealers say :confused:.

Ours was an extra along with A/C but I think they generally factor it into the the price standard as I reckon most people get it anyway, so they just quote it into the price.

That's how our dealer dealt with it, we could of course opt to take them off but they figured they are the things people want, same deal with the privacy screens on the bed ends.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Welcome to the forum, Geoff. How long till delivery and where are you based? :drum:

Thanks for the welcome. We are from the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. We ordered the van from a regional dealer, just happened to be close on a day off so thought we would drop in to look at swans, came out with an Expanda ordered! We will pick up around Sept' but we actually asked for that time. I wont have a chance to get away earlier anyway, it also gives me a chance to research this forum to see if we need any extras. Also I will make a covered in area at home for it. Great forum by the way. I'm sure I will be on every night.

Cheers Geoff

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Good work Geoff ! We had a Swan and it was taking too long to pack up, we cam home from a holiday a day early as rather than rush the pack for early departure as we wanted to take our time. The day we saved we popped down to a couple of dealers for a look at Expanda's and came home with one on order.

We were told Awning was a $1,500 extra when we purchased van. We are now being quoted for a replacement as ours got trashed in Xmas day hailstorm. The dealer said they cost approx $1,300 trade.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Lots of opinions on this one! I cant imagine ordering and expanda without one. I have some itemised quotes and the awnings are around the $1450.00 mark