16" or 17" single or duel axel

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Hi all,

We are just about to order our new expanda, so far we have decided on the 16-49-4 (2012), but we are now considering a couple of options, one being the 17" duel axel compared to the 16".

Can anyone please advise the pros and cons of either case?

The second dilema is whether to have the axel/s underslung or not? does the expanda have enough ground clearance as standard for general use?

Thanks for any feedback.

Damien & Mel

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
hi guys, welcome to the forum, many a responce you'll get from the happy folks here, it helped us greatly in our selection too. if you look the past forum discussion listing there is a thread with a detailed listing of whar others have allready experienced.
q: what is a 16-49-4 layout like? is it anywhere on the web to be seen?

Reactions: Damien & Mel

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Hi,

No there is no info on the web as yet, the layout is as if you take the 16-49-3, the robe and shower are gone and the kitchen stove fridge and micro are moved over to that wall, the table on the wall opposite the door is a bit shorter, the tv cabinet on the LHS of the door is a bit shorter and it looks like the door is moved a fraction closer to the front of the van. The side where the kitchen was has a robe and pantry to the RHS of the door then another dinette table and seats that convert to a bed and have a bunk over top.

Thanks
Damien & Mel

kegs

Sep 23, 2011
hunter valley
Hi Guys,
I was considering the same, the 16-49.2 outback and the 17-56.1 outback. I ended up going with the 17, reason been, we liked different parts of the 16 ft model layouts, but with the 17ft we were able to get them all togethers, as well you get that little bit more space. I also went the outback model which offers some height advantage and a few other extras. We pick ours up on dec 19. As pace9908 said, people are so willing to help on this site, they have helped us enormously with selections and extras etc. :thumb:

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Ultimately it boils down to which floor plan suits your needs the best. Get the one that has everything you want and need. I have 3 kids so the 17' suited us better. My mate ordered his at the same time only has 2 kids and the 16' suited him better.