16.49-3B Ensuite Door not staying closed

druryfamily

Jan 22, 2012
Brisbane
I noticed when we got the van that the ensuite door would open while we were traveling. It seems the latch that comes standard rattles loose and the catch isn't strong enough to hold the door shut.

Have tried a child lock type of strap but the movement of the door broke that!

Anyone had experience with this issue of any ideas on how to secure the door while traveling?

Sean & Julie.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
I bought a catch from Jayco that has worked well so far.

image0001 (3).jpg

druryfamily

Jan 22, 2012
Brisbane
We have the same but it doesn't hold - might have to get Jayco to look at next service.

Also had trouble with the fridge door not staying shut - I think it's latch is terrible compared to the slide type latch that was on our Swan's fridge door....

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The wall the shower door is mounted to sometimes flexes, could this be the problem?Personally I think the metal wall brace along the wall that is ''L'' shaped should go right along the wall to the door not half way along the wall.

Hopefully you find a solution.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
We have the same but it doesn't hold - might have to get Jayco to look at next service.

Also had trouble with the fridge door not staying shut - I think it's latch is terrible compared to the slide type latch that was on our Swan's fridge door....

we too thought the fridge latch was broken until our son worked out that you could spin the holding latch around. the firm side is for whilst towing and the reverse side is to just hold in though enable small effort to open when stationary. cheers.

The wall the shower door is mounted to sometimes flexes, could this be the problem?Personally I think the metal wall brace along the wall that is ''L'' shaped should go right along the wall to the door not half way along the wall.

agreed cd, have noiced the wall not that square, will mention this for fix during service, plus other minor things, cheers.

Hopefully you find a solution.

druryfamily

Jan 22, 2012
Brisbane
I checked the fridge last night and it is a 90L Dometic but the latch is only a straight up and down, 'thumb' operated I guess. It's almost like the spring that pushes it down to lock is not strong enough. Will get it looked at next service.