16.49-1 Expanda 2010 L Shaped Lounge

Eagle Out

May 4, 2014
Hobart
Hi all, just looking at moving from a eagle outback 2011 up to an expanda. So far we have looked at the 2010 16.49-1 lounge version and the bunk versions available in different sizes and years as a comparison. Can anyone tell me if you can get a converter for the l shaped lounge?

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Hi eagle out, since nobody has answered your question I will give it a go. Our original caravan had the L shape settee with a bed conversion. Easily done with a couple of pieces of quad attached to the settee frame and some quad attached to the underside of the table. The quad on the table only needs to be in the centre of one long side and one short side of rectangular table (so don't need to have it all the way along the two sides of the table). Purchase a folding leg (short) that can be folded up under the table when not in use and then dropped down when in bed position. This leg is placed on the outside corner of the setee. Thus the table is connected to the settee via the inside corner along one long side and one short side, and the excess weight is resting on the leg on the outside corner. Of course you have to remove the original table leg when putting into bed mode. I hope this is clear. If you look up caravan accessories online you will find the short leg I'm talking about. Google images of table to bed conversions and you should see some photos with details.;)

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
You need a board cut to the size you need some 2x4 along each edge for it to sit on and support leg then you can buy the foam but from your local jayco or Clark rubber store

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Hi @Eagle Out we have the bed converter for our 16.49-3 L shape lounge that came with the van. As @rodney says there's not much to it. A board with a couple of fold-out legs and covered foam to sit on the top. Gives you some good room especially if you take the table out.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
If you buy a van with the factory bed converter in some models anyway, the seating foam is flat and doesn't have the front roll on it like a standard model. That way when you sleep it is all flat.

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
If you buy a van with the factory bed converter in some models anyway, the seating foam is flat and doesn't have the front roll on it like a standard model. That way when you sleep it is all flat.
That's how ours is.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I thought if you optioned a convertor they also used to provide the lounge cushions without the scalloping in them to allow it to be a flat bed, or am I wrong?

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
We just cut a square piece of thick ply, screwed 2 alliminium angles to 2 opposites sides. This drops beautifully between the lounges. Clarke rubber provided the foam and an upholsterer covered it. Clarke rubber also provided a 2 metre long foam and upholstered for the wall under the window for back support. Whalla a U shaped lounge. It works a treat