14.44-5 and 16.49-4 Layouts

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, so please go easy one me.

I went to my Jayco dealer on Saturday to looking at trading in my Jayco Swan on a Expanda 14.44-4. (Thanks, Moto Moto for helping me spend my money! :madgrin:)

Once I had got home I was looking through the paperwork and they were listing on their price list a 14.44-5 and 16.49-4 so I emailed them back and they have emailed me back a PDF of the layouts.

Even though it doesn't suit me it might help some of you helpful people get all excited.

View attachment Jayco 14.44-5 and 16.49-4.pdf

Reactions: chartrock

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Hi there
Welcome to the Forum. Get used to Moto (and many others) helping you spend money - this group is really good for that :lol:

Good luck with the purchase/trade

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
we finally see a pic of what van (14-44-5) our friends are waiting to see in the flesh
that looks like a fantastic set up for 2 people
aparently prestige bendigo getting one in the next week or two so ill have to have a sticky.
also welcome ragracing
cheers jim-tab and diamond

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome, Ragracing. :couch2: That's a good first time post as I have been keeping an eye out for something like this but, with our van just over 1 year old, I can't see our way clear to change for a while yet. But I will be checking it out at the caravan show in Brisbane (March I think).

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome ragracing!

Sorry if i have caused you finacial strain by looking at all my photos:noidea:

Once you have it you will be thanking me:biggrin:

That 14.44-5 looks like a top layout for two people, I think the large ensuite will be popular, thanks for sharing.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I think the financial strain was coming anyway Moto Moto as we have been talking about getting and Expanda for quite a while but when I seen the thread about your 14.44-4 it has just quickened thinks up a bit.

We had originally been looking athe 16.49-? but with 2 young kids we would like to keep them in there own beds rather than sharing as we already have them ending up on each other side of the bed in our Jayco Swan.

I was kind of hoping the 16.49-4 might have just been a bigger version of the 14.44-4

Bertr

Jan 31, 2013
Seen a 14.44-5 and it's ideal for what my partner and I want to do or for any couple with no kids, in a word brilliant. Been quoted $45K for the OB spec with a few bells and whistles, that's in Tassie mind so the frieght across the ditch adds to the price. Now just need the coin to pay for it.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
That sounds pretty expensive to me! o_O

It only cost me $500 to take the van across at Christmas time on the ferry from Melbourne

Ring around in Melbourne and have a holiday when you pick it up :D

morg3718

Aug 10, 2011
Mount Eliza Victoria
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, so please go easy one me.

I went to my Jayco dealer on Saturday to looking at trading in my Jayco Swan on a Expanda 14.44-4. (Thanks, Moto Moto for helping me spend my money! :madgrin:)

Once I had got home I was looking through the paperwork and they were listing on their price list a 14.44-5 and 16.49-4 so I emailed them back and they have emailed me back a PDF of the layouts.

Even though it doesn't suit me it might help some of you helpful people get all excited.

View attachment 6351

morg3718

Aug 10, 2011
Mount Eliza Victoria
Hi Everyone
Picked up a new 14.44.5 last December after selling our 2007 14.44.3.
I saw the 14.44.5 at last years caravan and camping show in Melbourne and unfortunately so did my wife. Hence the reason for selling the 14.44.3.
Since taking delivery we have used it on three separate occasions travelling a distance of approximately 1500Km.
I don't know if it is the nitrogen filled tyres, a higher pressure in the tyres or a slightly different aerodynamic shape to the front but the fuel economy when towing has improved by around 10%. It is a delight to tow (even the wife has commented on the fact).
As mentioned in previous post it is ideal for us as a couple with the ensuite and kitchen layout a vast improvement over the 14.44.3
I thoroughly recommend it to anybody considering buying one.

Ray

jed

May 16, 2013
Hi Ragracing my wife and I just bought a 14.44.5 and pick it up in August ,we paid 36,800 with a few extras such as anex ,flys,drop down legs,..... cant wait. it might pay to come on over to Melbourne and check out the prices here :)