14.44-4 with a front toolbox?

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Does anyone have a front toolbox on their 14 with a standard length drawbar? If so can you post a photo please :becky: wanting to put the baby Q, hoses and floor mat in! Is 600cm too long in depth?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
No @Nagga's, ours 14' has a rear bed and a front boot so I have not found a need for a box there although I have shifted the spare to the rear. Also, because the way the boot opens, it would be a fairly small height box. I have put a small ally box under the front just to carry our anti-flap gear and porch poles. It is wedged in under the body and on the A-frame and strapping around it.
DSC_4111.jpg DSC_4114.jpg

Reactions: Nagga's and Drover

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
@Nagga's, this is something I will also be doing in the future as am wanting somewhere to put the port-a-potti and Honda gennie. Haven't looked into anything yet but will watch this thread.

BJ

Reactions: Nagga's

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
Hi Nagga

I have a 14.44-4 and are in the process of fitting a toolbox for my Baby Q. From memory the dimensions are 910 x 520 x 450or something like that. I will also have my stone guard in front of that and this is one std draw bar. No photo s as yet, being fitted in 2 weeks.

I will also have a gas bottle on each side. One plumbed and one not. My good old dad is in the process of making up some arms to hold the weight of the bottles as these need to be extended out to fit the 900 wide box.

Reactions: Derrick and Nagga's

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
I had it custom made by MW Tool Boxes in Dandenong. They have quite a few stores down here in Melbourne. Just did a quick search and they have 4 sites in WA.

Will hopefully haveics in 2 weeks...

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@D4Dazz , Are you just having the gas bottles on the side of the box like a few have done recently? I don't have an extended drawbar, one of the downsides of buying used so I am concerned about the turning circle.

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
Hey Maca,
Yes I will have a gas bottle either side of the toolbox. Bit hard to explain without photo's however imagine the current position of the gas bottle....it will be move directly out about 150mm so the 900 mm box will fit in the middle. Originally it was all going to be fitted to a frame then welded on top of the draw bar, but I'm going for. Method that hopefully will be allot stronger. All planned to be fitted up next weekend.

Dazz

Powelly

May 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
Managed to get the toolbox fitted up last weekend. Pretty happy with the outcome too....

P1010801.gif
D4Dazz I'm sure it's probably stated on this site somewhere but can I ask what you did with the spare ? Looks great !

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
D4Dazz I'm sure it's probably stated on this site somewhere but can I ask what you did with the spare ? Looks great !
Hi Powelly, that's the next job for my dear old dad, fabricating a rear bar and wheel carrier. Shouldn't be to hard given we have no rear bed.

For the monument the spare will just get thrown up on the roof of the Prado.

Dazz

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Hey Dazz, do you mind if I ask how much the tool box was? This seems to be the perfect size i'm after!
Dazza

Have a look at the Blue Diamond website - their Tool Boxes are well made and come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Not sure if they have a branch in your city?

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
I have the spare under van on my 2015 14.44.5 outback and added a second under ...i have 2 8kg bottles on standard bar and a 900mm wide alloy box from eBay tek screwed through rubber into A frame.
I did turn the gas bottle holder frame around to get clips at tear to get an extra bit of space for the jockey wheel winder.
Should be some pics on my previous posts.