14-44.4 Wall or Roof Aircon

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have wall mounted in my 14 footer initially because I did not know of roof mounted but I am glad as it would not fit in its hidey hole with extra height. I also agree with @Coastrunner , I like to keep all my weight low down.

Having said all that, we hardly ever use it. :D

Reactions: Coastrunner

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Nagga's
I have the roof mounted on my 14.44.4 OB and have no problems with lifting the roof (I'm no tall muscle man), Don't worry about roof strength as they are made to cope with roof A/C units.
I personally like the way the roof units distribute the air around the van compared to wall units which I think tend to blow it straight at you. You also keep the noise up high on the outside and also finish up with more cupboard /storage space.
I also have no problem fitting my van cover with the roof a/c.
Yes the downside may storage height for some people.
Great thing about the forum is you will get lots of good ideas and opinions from members experiences with their Expanda's

Good luck with the research

Last edited:

jed

May 16, 2013
We have a 14.44.5 with air con on the wall simply because of the height of our garage , other wise I would have it on the roof of the van I think it would distribute the air better but in saying that being only a 14 footer it doesn't take much to cool down no matter where it is .
Cheers

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Hi Nagga's
I have the roof mounted on my 14.44.4 OB and have no problems with lifting the roof (I'm no tall muscle man), Don't worry about roof strength as they are made to cope with roof A/C units.
I personally like the way the roof units distribute the air around the van compared to wall units which I think tend to blow it straight at you. You also keep the noise up high on the outside and also finish up with more cupboard /storage space.
I also have no problem fitting my van cover with the roof a/c.
Yes the downside may storage height for some people.
Great thing about the forum is you will get lots of good ideas and opinions from members experiences with their Expanda's

Good luck with the research
I totally agree with @jdove.
The cupboard where the wall mounted air compressor would normally live, we store the porta-poti in there, plus we have an extra overhead cupboard where the wall mounted head goes, or you can put the microwave up in that spot & give your self an additional pot draw under the cooktop.