Just Browsing 14.44-4 vs 16.49-1b

Prydey

Apr 24, 2018
Woodcroft, Adelaide.
Currently searching for a van and these are the 2 options we've narrowed it down to. For clarification on the 16ft layout I've attached the pic below.

Pros vs cons
The 14 will be lighter and easier to tow. Only requires one end setting up and packing up. It does have limited bench space but we've looked at one in the flesh and think it will be fine. We are 2 adults and 13yr old daughter.

The 16 is bigger obviously so more room to not get in each other's way inside. Nice kitchen layout allowing good space for multiple people. More bench space. However it is heavier and requires slightly more set up and pack up with both ends folding out.

The extra storage in the 16 is kind of irrelevant as both vans will likely be limited by the 300kg payload.

We are yet to eyeball a 16ft model unfortunately so that makes the decision a bit harder. We've hired the 14.44-4 for Anzac long weekend so hopefully that answers a few questions.

Just thought I'd throw this pros and cons thread up to get some thoughts from other users that I might not have thought of. Obviously everyone does things differently and that's fine but it's easy to overlook some things when new to the van world. We are moving up from a 2009 swan.