12 vlt socket

Frank Forshaw

Aug 21, 2012
perth WA
would like to fit an outside 12volt socket to the van ,/the one in the annex area will feed directly under the seat to the battery .The other i would like would be on the opposite side ,for a shower connection

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Baintech also do a range of IP rated 12 v external products that would suit, they also doa great range of monitors to see how much you draw and whats left in your battery when on 12v, google them
Good luck

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
And use at least a 2.5mm2 sheathed pair cable with some good mechanical protection (automative conduit) if you are installing it underneath the chassis...

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Frank.

I recently installed a second exterior 12vlt socket.

I just connected the wiring to the existing exterior 12 volt wiring under the awning and ran it under the chassis to the front {underneath the boot} area. This way I didn't have to worry about additional fuses, and it was easy to connect the wiring at this point. This is so I can connect my 12 volt shower to the jerry can which sits in a bracket on the front draw bar. That way I don`t have to move the full {and heavy} 20 litre jerry can thats full of water. I simply place my portable shower tent beside the draw bar, drop the shower pump into the jerry can, plug it into the 12 volt socket beside it, and comfortably have my shower out in the wilderness. Best mod I ever done.