Where do you stay in your Expanda?

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Not sure if this counts as i didn't go in an Expanda, but one of our favorite spots last year was Lake Burrendong (about 1hr from Dubbo). After all rain earlier this year not sure but this camp site may be well under water still.

Unpowered sites, very cheaper, some fun 4wding, fishing etc. Can't wait to go back in our Expanda. PB030416.JPGPB060565.JPG

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Lol Zerosecta!

A top spot is Six Mile Country Retreat. Only about 100km west of Brisbane. Would seriously have to be Brisbane best kept secret spot! Doesn't come up in any of my normal googling.... "Brisbane Camping" "SEQ Camping" "Bush Camping" "Camping Kids" "Scenic Rim Camping" "Toowoomba Camping" "Darling Downs Camping" (Maybe it will now). Anyway, Our biggest boy (who turned 8) while we were there over the easter weekend had the best time. There is a waterslide into the Dam (about 70m long or so), Diving board into the Dam, Rope Swing into the Dam, Huge fort, 6 swings, push go-karts for going down the hills, baby animal nursery (chickens, lamb, calves, chicks and a horse). They had a tractor pull around an old carriage with the kids each day, also a games room with pool tables and ping pong tables, huge open barn, good camp kitchen, gas hot showers and flush toilets (on bore water), massive playing field! Our 1 year old also had a great time! I am planning on doing a post with pics soon. Pricing was $18 for 2 adults unpowered or $20 for 2 adults powered, kids were $5 extra per night. Sites were very flat (hardly needed any adjusting at all for the van and well sized. We fit out 17-56 on it with a 3 metre gazebo. There were no charges for any of the activities on the property.

We also have stayed at Kennilworth Homestead (Sunshine Coast hinterland). Great open spaces, drop toilets and flushing toilets and hot showers, on the upper Mary River so nice for swimming and kayaking. Pony rides were available at extra costs and Kayaks available for hire. Cost from memory was $10/adult and $5 per kid unpowered. There were a couple of powered sites there in one area. We stayed last week of January holidays so was pretty quite. We had about 5 acres to ourselves :) No camp kitchen

Murphy's Creek Escape (100km west of Brisbane). Nice spot on Murphy's creek. There is an area on the creek where you can swim (we didn't go swimming), 4WD track (deposit required for key), Flushing Toilets and showers (I can't remember if you had to pay for the showers as we only use our Van's), Small shop. Powered sites were nice and grassy but the non powered were more dirt and not very flat. Birds visited in the afternoon during feeding time. We went first week of the December/Jan school holidays which was 'peak' time and I think we paid $44/night for 2 adults and 1 kids (no charge for the toddler). I think there was a camp kitchen. I also believe that there is a flying fox which is extra. It wasn't available the weekend we were there.

Tweed Billabong Big 4 - Southern End of Gold Coast. Great park with good pools (missing a toddler pool but one had a large "beach" area so nice and shallow, the other had a waterslide into the pool. Good playground for the toddlers with an indoor and outdoor section, billabong for kayaking (tea coloured), peddle go-karts for hire, Kayaks for hire, shop, camp kitchen. We stayed on a grass site so had plenty of room. I can't remember the pricing but we has a special where if you stayed 3 nights, kids were free and they each got a free kayak hire and go-kart hire. When we stay at parks we generally book the extra night so we can have late checkout. One thing to be mindful of is that the Southern End of the Gold Coast has the Airport!

That will do for now.....

Reactions: chartrock

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
One place i`m going to put on my Expanda holiday list is Murramarang Holiday Park. It`s located around 20 minutes north of Batemans Bay, right on the water. Used to be really expensive but now prices have come down equal to everywhere else. Very nice beaches either side, great pool, kiosk and facilities. Definitely worth a look if your passing through southern NSW.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
One place i`m going to put on my Expanda holiday list is Murramarang Holiday Park. It`s located around 20 minutes north of Batemans Bay, right on the water. Used to be really expensive but now prices have come down equal to everywhere else. Very nice beaches either side, great pool, kiosk and facilities. Definitely worth a look if your passing through southern NSW.

I might have to check that one out myself.