Where do you stay in your Expanda?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I was just wondering where it is you stay when away in your Expanda?

Do you head to caravan parks powered/non powered sites?
OR
Do you bush camp?

Since having our Expanda we have only stayed at one C/P and the other times we have bush camped although with winter upon us we will probably head toward a C/P for a powered site.

On our longer trips we mix it up between C/P's and bush camping. It also depends where we are heading and to some degree the weather.

We enjoy both as it mixes up the trips away.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
All of the above, though don't tend to bush camp if on our own, not much fun anyway,

just need to find away to heat the Panda while off power in winter ( not that it happens to much) Though about a Websto gas or Diesel heater, but for the price I may as well by a gennie and have best of both worlds.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
So far, all the great places to go in my Expanda are in my dreams:rolleyes:

But when we had our Hawk we liked to mix it up as well. Some of the best places are bush sites but not always free (Wollondilly river Station, Coolendel etc). Oallen Ford near Nerriga is a great free camp that i can't wait to get to with the Expanda.

In Winter we like the Discovery Park at Gerroa. They usually have cheap deals going on the powered sites. There is some great powered sites down the back corner on the river. We went there three times last winter and every time we had the whole area to ourselves:D

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
In Winter we like the Discovery Park at Gerroa. They usually have cheap deals going on the powered sites. There is some great powered sites down the back corner on the river. We went there three times last winter and every time we had the whole area to ourselves:D

We go across the bridge to Seven Mile ( beach side has ensuites) it's pooch friendly. (outside peaks)

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Sure, sounds great cruza...............in summer!:cool:

But then you will iss out on this, which I took on the weekend
585.jpg

611.jpg

Alright maybe I didn't take the Expanda but I had to tow the bikes :rolleyes:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Wow love the pics!

Had to take the bikes? What about a base station???? ;)

Would have been chilly though!
Thanks Expanda it was awesome to see Craigs Hut in the snow!

A Base Station would be ideal but a bit big for when I dont take the bike plus all my mates would want to use it :D:D

Plus I get a boys weekend away LOL.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Beautiful pics mate, looks amazing in the snow!

How about a picture of the Expanda set up in the snow then?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Expanda at Craigs Hut!, HHHHHMMMM I'd like to see that :D not likely though that last 300 to/400 metres to the top car pak would be a challenge. Did see an Eagle outback up there as well as a Goldstream..

Even the Gall Boys haven't done that :rolleyes:

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
How about Cape Hillsborough National Park, Qld.
Looks like a much more appealling option to snow camping, great pics chartrock!
We go there every year for the Easter break.. in a Cub camper this year... EXPANDA next year YAY!!! if you want to stay for Easter next year book now! its great for the kids!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We go there every year for the Easter break.. in a Cub camper this year... EXPANDA next year YAY!!! if you want to stay for Easter next year book now! its great for the kids!

We prefer to stay off the road at Easter, but that's the advantage of retirement. We do our travel at other times. But I'm sure you will enjoy it in your new Expanda, it sure is a great spot.