Just Browsing What are your must have tools

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Note to self: don't leave little gas solder/torch on bench was needed to repair rear camera.
Also camped at Coonabarabran they have vertical TV sig, new item for tool kit is a couple of small circlips as I dropped one when I pulled the pin on the aerial, zip tie will have to do for rest of trip or until I get to next BGS for a couple of drop nose pins, theres another thing to add......................................might need a trailer to carry tool box.
Fuel before Coona diesel is $1.71 everywhere else $1.54.

Always carry a Leatherman it saves about 5kg of tools.............................

Reactions: yabbietol

Cheyne78

May 30, 2014
Perth
a 21mm long socket that works on the wheel nuts. Thankfully Ken @caravanland warned me the supplied one is useless. Dont leave home without it unless you want to call the RAC to change a wheel!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Totally agree @Cheyne78 ... We were warned about the same by Nick @ caravanland. Ended up getting a double sided, thin walled, socket (19mm and 21mm) on an extendable handle with the trail-a-mate so no need to buy one :)

trailamate brace.jpg

Others have listed most of what we carry but a similar tool as recommended by @shiraz .... Don't forget the bottle opener for those stubbies that aren't screw tops 8-)

Reactions: yabbietol

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Totally agree @Cheyne78 ... We were warned about the same by Nick @ caravanland. Ended up getting a double sided, thin walled, socket (19mm and 21mm) on an extendable handle with the trail-a-mate so no need to buy one :)

View attachment 27569

Others have listed most of what we carry but a similar tool as recommended by @shiraz .... Don't forget the bottle opener for those stubbies that aren't screw tops 8-)
got one of those, pretty cool

Reactions: dagree

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
I just got back from Queanbeyan Aldi and bought a $25 ($24.99) Torque wrench it comes with short extension and 3 sockets (21mm, 19mm, 17mm). At that price I bought it just to leave in the van (mainly for wheel nuts). They were on sale a couple of weeks ago, but Queanbeyan Aldi had heaps of them, so should be easy to pick up at Aldi stores for the next few weeks.

I also strongly agree with taking a Leatherman it saves heaps of tools when travelling (I have a Wave model and also bought the two accessory bit kits which include all sorts of fittings tools, even allen keys). The whole lot fits in the standard Leatherman pouch, too big to wear on belt, but great to keep in a draw in the van. I also found Leatherman and accessories are often considerably cheaper overseas or on eBay. Be careful with cheaper copies, they are not very robust and the tools often lack precision.

URL to describe the bit kit
http://www.leatherman.com/931014.html#start=3

Last edited: