Just Browsing What are your must have tools

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
What are your must have tools to take away with you, currently trying to set up ready for the arrival of our new baby. Silicon gun? Shifter? .....thanks :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Multimeter, cable ties, hammer, assorted screwdrivers, plumbers tap, Gaffa, Magic Tape, mallet, tarp, pliers, cutters, small socket set etc.
Basically filled a tool bag and hence some of the stuff is no longer living in the garage.
First trip out I needed a washer so now a set of assorted screws and washers.
I probably should get some 12v wire, I still need more John Guest clips.
Hose and water fittings as well I should add extra.

I would think someone has a list somewhere

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
screw driver (philips & flat head), adjustable spanner, hammers, gaffe tape (different coloured ), multimeter, superglue, assortment of screws, matches (for fixing those table leg screws that always drop out) and this tape stuff that you wind on and forms a leakproof seal. Not to forget an assortment of fuses.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Multimeter, cable ties, hammer, assorted screwdrivers, plumbers tap, Gaffa, Magic Tape, mallet, tarp, pliers, cutters, small socket set etc.
Basically filled a tool bag and hence some of the stuff is no longer living in the garage.
First trip out I needed a washer so now a set of assorted screws and washers.
I probably should get some 12v wire, I still need more John Guest clips.
Hose and water fittings as well I should add extra.

I would think someone has a list somewhere
What you said but add gas lighter, side cutters, grip pliers, not sure if you would class battery charger for AAA, AA batteries a tool nor Hand held two way radios but.... Bought a small tool kit from the BGS that has most of these in a nice zippered wallet that sits in my box, has come in very handy!!

Reactions: Smirke

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Oh yes batteries had AAA forgot AA servo not cheap.
Use the slightly more expensive Eneloop rechargeables but they stay charged in storage for months without dropping their charge by anything significant. Actually use them everywhere even at home!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All the above plus allen keys, torx set...I have a screwdriver set that inlcudes a heap of differn't tips which is very handy my 3 draw tool box could probably strip down my engine annnd air compressor, puncture repair kit and most important the numbers for NRMA,RACQ,RACV etc.................sometimes I need help. Oh and a box of matches in case I really get the s***s

Reactions: dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
cordless drill with a head for drop down legs and a head for the screw in pegs.
Keeping a eye on this thread for what I missed getting have most of the above..
Need puncture repair kit..
Forgot about puncture repair kit in my list, screwdriver has multiple heads and towing, pull out of trouble stuff.
No elec winch on tug tho, hand job!
PS: just added Wire Strippers and small soldering iron (12v if I can find one) wish I had them on my last trip when a wire pulled out (don't ask, my fault).:whoo:

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
One of these is also a must have in the van or Beast (BT50) IMHO
Mini- blow torch come lighter. I now have one in the van, Beast, garage/work bench!
image.jpg