17' Series Upholstery coming apart

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
They knocked me back on mine 6 months out of warranty :( bit don't be rude off but not the end of the world. Couldn't be bothered going further but good luck to you.

@17triton,

If we get something from Jayco then that is great, but my wife is seriously thinking of getting a local upholsterer to redo it in leather. Get it done right....

Luke14

May 4, 2014
Ballarat Victoria.
Hi. Ours is 3 months old and after two weeks of solid use we noticed splits in the seams and fraying, and seat cushions that constantly displace and move. Glad to hear most have been replaced by Jayco for when we finish our holiday!

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Both ours are quite bad, i haven't mentioned it to the dealer as yet though as I am still fighting with them over the bed ends!

We too are considering getting them done in leather for ease of cleaning with the little ones. Leather is great like that.

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Ours did the same thing. I put it down to not enough material allowance.

I think it also has something to do with you (probably) putting your knee in that position to open and close the window. As all your weight is concentrated in one position, and the material does not have enough stretch to accommodate the pressure.

Our were replaced on warrentee without issue.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
They knocked me back on mine 6 months out of warranty :( bit peeved off but not the end of the world. Couldn't be bothered going further but good luck to you.
Removed the cover off our seat and got Mrs17 to weave her magic with the sewing machine and it has come up a treat.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mfexpanda

Tim Geelong

Nov 25, 2015
Grovedale
Hi All, I have had exactly the same thing happen on my 2012 Expanda. I negotiated with Jayco to have the cushions repaired at my local dealer 23 months after we purchased the van (i.e. 11 months out of Jayco warranty). However 12 months after they were repaired, they have ripped apart again. I would suggest that under consumer protection laws that the design of these cushions are not fit for the purpose they were designed and you all should be contacting Jayco directly a lodging a complaint (as I am doing right now).