18' Series Towing

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Don't spread it about, but the old school way was to hook up the van and if it towed nicely and didn't have everyone screaming in fear:hurt-41: all was good and so long as you didn't have to drop too many gears to get up Mt Ousley the car could pull it..:amen:.....................................less technical, less stress...:D

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
Actually its funny i camp at beendella kangaroo valley i towed my expanda 16 foot up macquarie pass as their no power and camp 4 weeks i had hot water on demand generator toilet tent 9 x7 metre tarp pegs ropes solar panel tables 5 chairs portable 3 way fridge and food and it towed it perfect 2000 revs 50 to 60 ks
going up i think i would of been overloadef oh forgot 3 canoes but i guess im just stressing cause you here their checking vans being pulled over hate to get fine

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have heard that also, funny have travelled a few million kms over the years, never saw it, still haven't. Like the copper checking your shackles stamps I think.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
i guess im just stressing cause you here their checking vans being pulled over hate to get fine

I have heard that also, funny have travelled a few million kms over the years, never saw it, still haven't. Like the copper checking your shackles stamps I think.

I think that they would only stop you if it looked obvious that you were overloaded, more likely to stop you because your car is un safe
the Mermaids wouldn't bother to stop you and weigh you, as there is no money in that

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Rated shackles is a false rumour

Thats what I was inferring..............it's all BS put out by the Big Noters...............if people were getting pulled over for overloading you would hear the screams all over. Big dollars for the fine.

I'm not going to post on anymore towing queries, someone like to make up a new sticky thread Äll you need to know type of thing with links to threads and sites with the info...........................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh and I meant to add, MacQuarie Pass can sort things out, drivers and vehicles while Kangaroo Valley is magic.........have ridden a pushie down MacQuarie Pass a couple of times after walking up and I don't mean one of these new fancy pants jobs, a proper Malvern Star, 3rd hand me down, no gears, lucky to have brakes sort of bike in the 60's, should have heard the screams at Oak Flats on that day............off topic but don't care.

And I wasn't having a go at the OP either in my previous.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
There isn't much I can add to this discussion other than to make sure that you're well informed about the acronyms used here. It took me ages to understand and I still get confused from time to time.......lol.

BTW............you didn't happen to go to school with @Bluey did you??.....

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
he is inferring that your Grammatical skill set is slightly under what others would desire............

(he thinks your grammar sucks.........................)
But i talk good just my finger goes to quick somtimes i only type with one finger .......... i think @davemc could join our club too sorry dave as long as we know what we are talking about and we keep getting likes ................. like