Things to look for

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
I bought the T10 24 led globes and I just don't think they're quite bright enough so I now ordered the T10 36 SMD LED Light Festoon Dome Bulb Lamp White 12V
and hopefully they are a bit brighter.
If it works out I'll leave the 24's over the bed ends and the 36's every where else.

Thanks, Just ordered some off ebay; and soooo cheap I got spares:hail:

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I had two dealers inform me that the 2011 models now come with LED lights. I had a look at some on the weekend at the show room and they was a mix and match! Not overly impressed with the LEDs the switches seem hard to use and one of the show room models the switch had already failed.

Our 2011 didnt have LED's fitted. Wasnt concerned as I bought the ebay globes, cost me $40 all up as I grabed a few spares. I even did the annex and door grip lights on the outside. Really happy with them.

That said if you are going to get them, go the flat panel type rather than the globe LED type. I had the flat ones in our 2010 Eagle and they where a little brighter than the ones we have now, but still a lot better than the old school globes...

Two+two

Jun 13, 2011
Brookfield, Brisbane
June delivery

We got our 17.56-2ob 3 weeks ago. On our first week trip now.

Things to look for at delivery are difficult, we had grins from ear to ear and woulldnt have noticed the little things.

We contacted jayco today regarding urgent issues and in brisbane they are fully booked until mid august, amazing our expanda came with these issues and now we will have to wait to fix them.

Issues are:

1. Fridge element not working on 240v, have to use on gas. Jayco says they arent responsible but covered on fridge warranty. No one checks this?
2. Door will not lock because the screen does not sit flat, therefore top and bottom lock cant sit in door frame.
3. Joinery around stove come away. Not a big issue.
4. Inside over door cushion come away, only stapled on?
5. Privacy screen clips have come off hard lid of bed end.

Still very happy with the expanda, some simple quick repairs from the dealer should be a priority from a customer service perspective.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Thats a shame, the fridge not working on 240V is a big issue.

My understanding is you don't have to take it back to the dealer to get repaired. If its urgent, call the Jayco help line 1800331601, and they can get an approved repairer to fix it. Most dealers are booked out for 3 months but there are other approved companies out there. Even if its just the urgent stuff like fridge to get you going again.

Good luck!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
1. Fridge element not working on 240v, have to use on gas. Jayco says they arent responsible but covered on fridge warranty. No one checks this?
2. Door will not lock because the screen does not sit flat, therefore top and bottom lock cant sit in door frame.
3. Joinery around stove come away. Not a big issue.
4. Inside over door cushion come away, only stapled on?
5. Privacy screen clips have come off hard lid of bed end.

My air con didn't work from pick up and Jayco organised for a local air con agent to repair the unit. There are also agents around the Gold Coast who are authorised to make repairs to vans under warranty after they contact Jayco. Check the yellow pages under caravan repairs. Their large ads will state who they are agents for.

Good luck with the repairs.