Just Browsing Things to check before a trip!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I made up some velcro straps to put around the top of the awning arms when folded up, pleased to report they do a good job especially when someone forgets to tighten the screw thingy that holds the arms in............................

So thats another to check the screw bits for the awning...............

Print out list and start checks 24 hrs before departure.............have Mrs bring food out to you.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It's amazing how you forget your routine when you haven't been away for a while and equally amazing how quickly you slip into the pattern once you do get away.

I still have to do the walk around though...twice.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Forgot to add on my checklist, make sure all the drawers and door latches are secure. You only forget once! Lol
Knives etc scattered all over the floor! Especially if going on the GRR or similar. Heard that some take their drawers out and put them on the bed (vanner in Kununurra), can't do that in a Panda though. Others said they tape them with Duct tape, ( idle chatter in Kununurra pool - some useful stuff from other vanners while cooling off in the park pool or when chatting around a camp fire)
I thought the Velcro strap for the awning arms is a standard supplied item, was with our Panda.
You only lose an awning black knob once! Carry a spare now.
Definitely do the walk around, tyre, gas bottle, roof latches, doors, boot latches and locks before each daily start. Ms Marv does it as well.
Like all of the suggestions so far, have a printed and laminated check list that I mark up at the beginning of a planned trip. Have a second check list laminated for food, supplies, clothes. Use a temp marker that can be wiped off so I can use it repeatedly. Lists stored in van folder with park membership cards.
Have added the battery checks and printing a new list soon.
Keep 'em coming.
Thanks for all the tips so far.:grouphug: :help:

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hatches and bed ends locked.

Tv aerial down and locked.

Drop down table locked.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
We once did all those things but forgot the tea, coffee and kettle

Huh, what are these things you speak of? I thought the list stopped at beer and wine.

Small point before leaving a site. Check you've grabbed all of your rubbish and haven’t left a pile of food from your grey waste. Had this happen a couple of times in WA last year. Got the anger meter going.....

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Ok, first draft of checklists.
One, CaravanSuppliesChecklist is the one I use when packing and preparing the van before we leave.
Two, Caravan Checklist is the one I use when on the road.
I laminate both and keep,them in my van folder.
These are in PDF format so that I can put them on this site but if you want Word (docx) format so you can edit them for your personal use, send me a DM and I will send you links to the files in my Dropbox.
Let me know if I have missed anything important.

Cheers Marv

Attachments

• Caravan Checklist.pdf
    281.6 KB · Views: 286
  • CaravanSuppliesChecklist.pdf
    346.8 KB · Views: 305

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I have 2 tow cars and swap brake controler between the 2 last big trip cruiser was in the shop getting a few things checked i just hooked up prado pulled van out the gate into driveway looked down NO brake controler !!!!!!!!! Doh !!!!!!! Leaving at 6 then had to wait for shops to open and hope i could bye a P2 which i did find one luckly left that day at 10 what a nightmare got kids up and everything you idiot i am
I now have 2

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeppers, I had a P3 (or is it a P2????) fitted to both my Pooie and SWMBO's Cruiser

am seriously considering an upgrade to the TowPro.............. we shall see

Reactions: dagree