The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
We're at Big4 Tuncurry :)

Not sure why the Mrs took tge photo in black and white though.....

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 192

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That looks to be a fantastic area to visit and one where I've never really spent any time but now seriously thinking of it for next year.

Questions?

Best time of year to visit if we want to avoid crowds?...I'm assuming Autumn or Spring?
Any access issues?....to most areas
Recommendations for free camping?

Thanks, in anticipation! I will do some research but reckon I'll take local recommendations in preference.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
no camping this weekend. House chores to be done to catch up after being away for two weeks up to Pink Lakes.

But, the good news is that my inline switches have arrived from China and today I was able to finish off installing the LED strip light just above the bed head on our Penguin. Managed to mount the switch vertically nicely between the side of the bedhead and the cupboard, ran the wires from the LEDs behind the bedhead entering the side of the switch, exiting the other side of the switch into the cupboard, down to the wheel well, under the bed, into the Jayco 12V loom and into a separate fuse on the Setec. The only visible wiring is a few mm from at the end of the LED before it disappears behind the bedhead.

Also neatened up the wiring around the Setec by adding a couple of cable ties to take the weight of the cables off the connectors.

Got so enthusiastic, I got the vacuum cleaner out and gave the whole floor area and under the bed a thorough vacuum AND washed the floor. Do I love this Penguin or not!

cheers
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Yep, and make the most of it! :rockon:
Hi @1DayIll,
we are trying! Bought it on 18th November and 6 months later we have done 11 trips for a total of 48 nights and 4,770 kms all around Victoria.

Best we can do until my partner retires is every school holiday and try to get away every other weekend.

It is also quite fun sorting the Penguin out, planning the next trip, searching for possible destinations, and then, of course, primarily, enjoying the time we get out in it. But it is always more enjoyable camping out when we spend at least some time on the first three items.

This forum and the people who post really help and the enthusiasm is infectious.

enjoy your day
Mike