Exterior Step anti-slip recommendation

Matt Brown

Jul 19, 2017
Port Fairy
I have slipped on my step (getting out of the van) a couple of times.... So far no damage done. I was going to buy some of that 'black' stuff (like wet/dry sandpaper) which I assume is available from the big green shed. Has anybody got any other product recommendations and where to get it from. Thanks
Just bought a ready made caravan step rubber non slip stick on patch from Super Cheap Auto. Right size, thick and durable, same grip pattern as step.. too easy....but might have been $20 bucks..not sure so could be cheaper options out there.

Lap Dog

Jan 13, 2017
Currently on the big Lap
I appreciate all the suggestions. I loved Moto Mech's suggestion to paint sand onto the step but I am far to lazy for that. I went to the big green shed as suggested for some black Croc grip and came out with some grey 3M stuff ... not sure how that happened ... SWMBO wasn't even there to confuse me and put silly ideas in my head... must have done it all by myself!

Anyway it's 50mm wide and allows 3 strips with a bit of relief between. I am near Canberra ATM and had to get out the heat gun to warm up the step before sticking down the tape.

IMG_0022[1].JPG