17' Series Starcraft 17-58.1 OB.. Due 29 May:)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
thanks @dagree we are very excited now, been such a long long time.
Now just have to get onto some mods.
Have a rear camera I may just run under the van on pickup and mount on spare with some cable ties.
We are not sure we will put shelves in the wardrobe as yet as there are plenty of storage elsewhere.
Line the cupboards.
Solar panels corner covers from Clark Rubber
Work out where we can fit the Weber Q200... brought the bigger model as 4 kids now have to see where it fits.
See what fits best into the big although small door rear storage.
Get the tool box sorted will make one out of all my spare tools over the weekend.
Then load up all the crap we brought in the last 5-6 months :)

And yes there will be lots of pics

Reactions: Ren77 and dagree

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Ok 2 days to go.
So for hand over what should I not forget to check :) I got the list from a few via search.
1 Check all Extras are there or any Windows from plan now missing :) (Still not happy)
2 Check for any screws sticking out
3 open and close roof and awnings yourself
4 take notes and ask how to setup.. Can I ask to take a video of them doing it or you think I am going too far :)
5 Check all doors (hinges and latches) including hatches and cupboards.
6 Check inside all storage areas (take a small LED torch with you so you can see inside.)
7 Check for correct functioning of all taps and drainage.
8 connect up mains water
9 check 12v pump
10 Check all lights and power points 12v & mains.
11 Check gas operation...stove, HWS, etc.
12 Carefully go around body
13 check wiring underneath not hanging down.
14 Thinking I will bring a TV to check Antenna seen a few not connected

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
so close davemc, i am considering to update already ( forum gonna cost me a fortune), did you get a few quotes from different dealers, where did u finally order, i have touched base with page bros, but its all a bit scary. ahhh

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@cruza driver Awning when we hired we checked a video how to do it as it was already dropped off before we got there :) yes youtube good.
I found one on HWS I assume its the same one they using.

Any other ideas what to check out on pickup.
Do people think its crazy to take the TV with us and get Gas, 12v and 240v working on fridge
Or you think check it all while there.

Also would not mind running the lead for the rear camera while there. Already have it ready on car side will just be running cable and temp cable tie the camera on spare :)

Spider

May 10, 2014
We have also just signed up for a 17.58.1 with
Roof air
162 fridge
Wyngard antenna
Proc bike rack
HWS and ext shower
Picnic table
Under slung axle
Gas bayonet
Drop jacks
12v sockets
Shade awning
Cover
Floor matting

Can't wait end of sept delivery, would great to see some photos of yours when you get it Davemc.

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
I bet you are so excited, I had the Eagle for 2 years and I am rubbish at reversing, always got drivethroughs. Reversed once but ended up unhitching and pushing it in. Remember to make sure theJack is there as I am sure I read that some had them missing.

All the very best, I hope it all goes well!!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
thanks @Janbo yes well at least its straight up the hill :) hopefully all goes well.
Still not happy with the window going over the kitchen will have a chat Thursday on pickup.

Jack and Jerry can need to add to list. Jerry can on list although read somewhere it was missing when someone picked up one.