17' Series Starcraft 17-58.1 OB.. Due 29 May:)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hello All,

Well after some thoughts going non Jayco we just ordered a new 17-58.1 OB. Thanks to Malcolm at Bayswater.
Triple bunk model comes off line 9th of May if I remember so end of May pickup probably.
Same as the 16-67.1 although on a 17" dual axle frame.
Brought of the plan :) Bed now 132cm and bunk longer. Also has a buffet at doorway now.

We spec'd it up anyone have any ideas of anything we missed out on.
OB comes with Solar/battery etc now so that was covered.
Larger Fridge
Rooftop Air
Extra Gas
ESC
Picnic table
HWS and external shower.
Extra water tank
Bed convertor
TV Antenna

Reactions: hamish22

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hello All,

Well after some thoughts going non Jayco we just ordered a new 17-58.1 OB. Thanks to Malcolm at Bayswater.
Triple bunk model comes off line 9th of May if I remember so end of May pickup probably.
Same as the 16-67.1 although on a 17" dual axle frame.
Brought of the plan :) Bed now 132cm and bunk longer. Also has a buffet at doorway now.

We spec'd it up anyone have any ideas of anything we missed out on.
OB comes with Solar/battery etc now so that was covered.
Larger Fridge
Rooftop Air
Extra Gas
ESC
Picnic table
HWS and external shower.
Extra water tank
Bed convertor
TV Antenna

Sounds fantastic!

Have you got a floor plan or is it exactly the same aside from a bit bigger and buffet?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Yes saw it today.. then measured differences to the 16.67.1 they had on the lot.
Bed 12 cms bigger.
Twin Bunk was like 12-15cms longer which was good.. Small Bunk was still around 1.6 long
Same layout was hoping for a little more bench space.
Almost just brought the old 16.65.1 non OB model and squeezed on the bed :) I hate waiting. Although thought I regret it.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
The buffet is that small one I think was like 30cms. The Dinnette looks to lost 10cms on the old plan or just how I measure it :)
The main bed was my concern, I tried hunting a newer model before christmas, all dealers have the old 120cm bed in stock.

They should have one mid to end of Feb for us to look at.
We could of held out for March show and see if we got a better deal although then we have to wait to jul-aug for delivery.
Want to go Queensland around then. Some small trips in between.

Now to work out how we get it in backyard. We assumed it was around 6.9 like the old Discovery 17-55

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So was thinking of other extra's
Wife wants a filter tap, I said we can put a filter on the tap underneath. Which is better?
More 12v although where.. Not to sure where they are now :) 16.67 we saw had one outside and one at double bedhead.
Thinking of another power point under table. Although you could run a lead over cupboard easy enough.

Also worth getting a Drifter unit?
Currently I assume the control panel will be under the fridge like the 16.67. Rather not there although no idea where else. Also rather the microwave be mounted rather then almost on the floor :(
d853602435433_c-Resized640x480.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Got an update should be coming off the line today.. So hopefully at the dealers next week :)
So should make June 3rd pickup.. fingers crossed.

Long time since this post..
We added a Drifter, external TV point and a 12v down at the bottom bunk to the list above.
Also getting the tyre moved to the rear.

Reactions: dagree

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Have the gates all sorted now.. Actually levelled it more since this picture.
Which was fun digging all the rocks out on one side and taking 15-20cm's of top soil and clay out. Always good to re do jobs you paid people money to do :)
IMG_3784.JPGIMG_3778.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So van has landed and due pickup next Thursday arvo 29th.. cannot wait under 7 days..
Window over sink has been deleted wife is not overly happy. I just think lucky it had the 4 seasons hatch now or no light from that side.
Wheel is mounted on back of the van not bumper, yet to see a picture, so now thinking of bike rack ideas for when all the kids get one.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Yes very excited now. Was starting to get worried we be someone who's trip comes before the van :(
good we get a week to pack everything up we go on our first small trip in the 6th of June.
Brought a AFK and some shades from ebay yesterday pick up after we get the van, will not be able to see if they fit to we are away.
No room to open awning at home