Sorry... Been posting without introducing

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Congrats. Just noticed the bottom bunk. Did you ask for that to be converted from the table into a permanent bed?
If so, wish I had thought of that prior to order, as it never gets used as a table.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Congrats. Just noticed the bottom bunk. Did you ask for that to be converted from the table into a permanent bed?
If so, wish I had thought of that prior to order, as it never gets used as a table.

Thanks mate, wasn't too much of a thought, I wish it was my idea, but the Jayco factory said that we couldn't have the slide out BBQ without having the fixed bunk. Once we talked about it we realised that we probably wouldn't use it as a table and would prefer to have the bed always made "ready to go". Plus I am thinking i will have some extra storage this way too. No extra cost either, but looking at it, i probably should have got some money back (less materials used).

Cheers,

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Those photos are just mean.....Looks great bigman. Are you planning a stopover trial on the way home....
Thanks, Because we are roughly 8 Hours away from Bundy, we are doing what we normally do in this situation. Camping in it that night and two others afterwards :target: The Triton is getting airbags and roof racks on the 2nd of Sep (Bundy Tour Day) and then we will spend the 3rd in Bundy and head back on the 4th. Baptism of fire!!

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Nice job Bigman.......exactly the same floor and fabric colors as ours........one more sleep till we pick it up!:horn:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Been offline for a while mate, and just saw your teaser photos, looks absolutely stunning mate. What a weapon!

You must be so excited.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Thought you would have photos on here already Bigman.....
Sorry everybody, just got back.
Amazing.... absolutley love it!!! we stayed in the van park for 3 nights and free camped on the way home last night. Tried everything out, everything worked great and it tows like a dream!! Was very happy behind the Triton at 110kph, simplicity suspension rocks!! rides fantastic, doesn't sway or drift and very little bounce, all I am running on the Triton is airbags and even then only at 20PSI. Finish was great, only a couple of issues that were fixed straight away.

1: solar controller wasn't working properly (replaced for new)
2: Hot water overflow house wasn't piped to outside of the van and subsequently leaked some water into the cupboard ( they come out to the van park and poked it outside )
3: water level sensor on front tank had wire missing or it fell off in transit. ( i fixed that at home... no dramas)
4: Shower door and BBQ door not 100% square ( will be fixed next service)

Towing with the Triton @ 110kph was using around 16l/100km I would imagine it would be less if i travelled slower but both myself and the vehicle and the van for that matter, like that speed!

Will take some proper pics next weekend when we go away again (just for the weekend)

Stone Stomper ordered ( Thanks Christian)

Internal shower is awesome absolutley loved it, very nice and warm!!

"I love my Jayco!!"

Just a side note... come very close to not bringing it home
ATM: 2456kg My model Triton can only legally tow 2500kg. wow that was close!! TARE weight 1980kg

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Yeppoon, Central Queensland
Great to hear it tows well with the Triton bigman. Ours has been put back to the 22nd from the 9th so we are a little sad. Very happy with Warburton though as he is giving me something to make up for it. Great idea about sticking around to trial it all out. We were thinking we might stay at Bargara the night we pick it up just to make sure it all works OK....can't wait. Look forward to the pictures.....

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Congrats bigman, sure came close to the max weight there.

Yeah mate, I was sweating on that but didn't let the missus know until after it was all good. But I would have to say simplicity is a must for tandem rides so well!!

One question... When it says "axle load limit 2500kgs" would the ATM ever go over 2500kgs? or more to the fact would Jayco let it go over? I would imagine they would just reduce the payload..