Site Update

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks everyone...

The green is consistent with the current green jayco is using plus the black checkerplate.

Unfortunately the lime yellow green being used is not good as a text colour so it is featured throughout the site on buttons etc and a more pallatable green is being used for the text.

I have also made the blue style available as an additional option so you can choose your preference by selecting the blue option at the bottom of each page.

Green / black will remain as the default scheme though.

I may even introduce an orange / silver theme at some point.

I am also going to replace the buttons on the editor to something else....

Reactions: Bmhdg76

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
What's the go with the silver checkerplate still showing. Looks a bit dodge...
Screenshot_2015-03-08-12-30-17.png

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
View attachment 30510

Whats with the stretch limo towing the low roof 16:49 in the cover picture? :bolt::behindsofa:

It's sooo hard to accomodate all devices and can take some fiddling (speaking from experience)
Take a look at all the different types of views for different mobile devices.

http://viewportsizes.com

Having one site that's fits all is a monumental task that not many web developers get it right. @expanda must tear his hair out strand by strand every time he sees a post with a similar issue like that. I feel your pain brother! Looking good at my end, me no complain.

Reactions: cruza driver

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I was only trying to be funny! I thought the running off and hiding behind the couch might have given that away, What the site looks like is not a big issue for me I'm really just here for a bit of fun with some friendly likeminded people and the bucket loads of useful information,You and the rest of the team are doing a wonderful job @expanda the new look is great.

PS I'd still be here even if it was just text on a plain white screen...... with pictures ....remember it never happened without pictures

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
View attachment 30510

The image size or the checkerplate?

Checker plate adds 'contrast' instead of white lol....

Whats with the stretch limo towing the low roof 16:49 in the cover picture? :bolt::behindsofa:

Will fix that cheers ☺

It's sooo hard to accomodate all devices and can take some fiddling (speaking from experience)
Take a look at all the different types of views for different mobile devices.

http://viewportsizes.com

Having one site that's fits all is a monumental task that not many web developers get it right. @expanda must tear his hair out strand by strand every time he sees a post with a similar issue like that. I feel your pain brother! Looking good at my end, me no complain.

No excuses though should work normally on all devices

I am just being lazy....

I was only trying to be funny! I thought the running off and hiding behind the couch might have given that away, What the site looks like is not a big issue for me I'm really just here for a bit of fun with some friendly likeminded people and the bucket loads of useful information,You and the rest of the team are doing a wonderful job @expanda the new look is great.

PS I'd still be here even if it was just text on a plain white screen...... with pictures ....remember it never happened without pictures

Time to get a room you 2!

I didn't mean to sound like I was having a dig at you mate, was just using your post as an example. Oh and I had a JD in my hand at the time too

Time to get a room you 2!

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
The image size or the checkerplate?

Checker plate adds 'contrast' instead of white lol....

I'm seeing black checkerplate with silver checkerplate over the top. Shouldn't it all be black?

Looks like a Jayco dealers repair job...so probably suits the site. :behindsofa:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Expanda fyi it's not a biggie but when you go to log in on an iPad. You place your cursor on the username/email address line and it immediately skips to the password line ! Once you go back the second time it stays! Bizzare

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I saw this thread come up, but didn't open it as I figured the site updates would make themselves apparent...:)
Just read through it now and really have nothing to add other than..,...

For me as long as I can read posts and look at pics I'm a happy man.
BTW, by saying that I certainly don't mean to infer that @expanda efforts are not appreciated. Far from it.
I think he and the mods have managed to make this the best forum that I have seen. There is a great sense of community, lots of laughs and light hearted ribbing, but no agro.
Bloody good effort.
Now, for the controversial bit. With regards to the costs to run the site. I am more than happy to contribute. I have saved enough money by being able to read and ask questions, I figure I'm way in front.
I can guarantee I'm not alone.
@expanda why not put up a sticky with how to donate. Like some other forums, after donating your status could be updated to "financial member" or similar.

Reactions: chartrock

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Just a question, am I supposed to see the silver chequerplate as well as the black?
Just wandering. Fine with the changes as long as the contrasts are there for these old eyes to pick out things without straining. Use an iPad Air2 for 98% of the time if that helps.
Love your work by the way, this forum is soooooo helpful! Check it daily for new ideas and the general chatter!
image.jpg
Cheers

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Here we go its the Gold & White dress all over again :bounce:

But you like the dress from what I have been told?

Should make an Expanda in the same color as that dress (which ever color it is)

So your buying the first one?

If you guy's are worried about a dress the maybe you need to get off of the computer and watch the parade in Sidernee.

Watch it? They where float 2....

Hey Expanda fyi it's not a biggie but when you go to log in on an iPad. You place your cursor on the username/email address line and it immediately skips to the password line ! Once you go back the second time it stays! Bizzare

Is that on the login box that pops up?

I saw this thread come up, but didn't open it as I figured the site updates would make themselves apparent...:)
Just read through it now and really have nothing to add other than..,...

For me as long as I can read posts and look at pics I'm a happy man.
BTW, by saying that I certainly don't mean to infer that @expanda efforts are not appreciated. Far from it.
I think he and the mods have managed to make this the best forum that I have seen. There is a great sense of community, lots of laughs and light hearted ribbing, but no agro.
Bloody good effort.
Now, for the controversial bit. With regards to the costs to run the site. I am more than happy to contribute. I have saved enough money by being able to read and ask questions, I figure I'm way in front.
I can guarantee I'm not alone.
@expanda why not put up a sticky with how to donate. Like some other forums, after donating your status could be updated to "financial member" or similar.

Gday, no problem at all.....

As I have always said I am open to constructive and open feedback such as yours and that is either positive or opportunity.

Anything beyond that doesn't get anyone anywhere on either side.

In terms of donation I am on the fence with that one to be honest.

I am in fact probably not in any way at the point of asking for donations.

To give a hint if we look at the way other monetary aspects of the forum have been handled in some cases this is why.

Just a question, am I supposed to see the silver chequerplate as well as the black?
Just wandering. Fine with the changes as long as the contrasts are there for these old eyes to pick out things without straining. Use an iPad Air2 for 98% of the time if that helps.
Love your work by the way, this forum is soooooo helpful! Check it daily for new ideas and the general chatter!
View attachment 30568
Cheers

Hey there, yes the silver checker plate is the background of the entire site.

The black checker plate is just the background of the strips on top of each forum.

I can remove the silver checker plate but then it becomes very bland as the background is white.

In a perfect world I am envisaging something along the lines of desert and blue sky as the background for the forum but just looking for a photo we can use.

In terms of the spacing between the banner and the bar there is a bug with the code that is causing the image to go to the wrong size when on tablets / mobile devices which will be fixed in the not to distant future.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Go with what you are happy with @expanda, you have done a great job with the upgrade and layout and I think if everyone tells you what they want it will do your head in as you can`t please everyone. I think the main thing is ease of finding the threads and the layout change to the old format is great. Like others have said its all about getting info and pics from all the members on here that is the main thing. Keep up the top work mate!

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Hey @expanda . Today was the first time I have logged in on a desktop and despite or my previous whinging it's looking pretty good, on my Samsung S3 it has improved also, so well done!

Only suggestion if it is at all possible, any chance of a 'night mode' display? That way doesn't disturb the Misses when in bed.

Reactions: Bmhdg76