Set up speed

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Just do it you will never look back we do set up in less the 10 min got it down pat our 5 and 3 year old even help with the legs and there beds

Reactions: relgate

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
We upgraded from a regular offroad box trailer style camper trailer to our 17.56-2OB. The biggest selling point for me to upgrade was we were in Cairns with rain closing in. I was fight wind and kids running off with pegs, ropes and the hammer and starting to get a little wild!!!>:(>:(>:(
As I was just about to start packing up to head home a 18 series Expanda reversed in on the site next to us. He lowered the legs, and opened the hard lid and put out his awning and started cooking steak and cracked a stubby. His wife and the kids setup the beds and tables and they all sat and relaxed. Secretly I felt them laughing at me while I was still trying to setup the annexe and extra room, which mad matters worse.

The thing I really hated about the camper was that almost everything that you had in the tent section had to be out on the grass so you can fold the tent away then you can lift it to put your gear in the trailer. From what I have seen with the Jayco campers, they have a similar concept that you need to setup so you can pack your gear or even just put food in the fridge.

The Expanda we have now is an awesome upgrade. Setup in the camper was about 2hours, pack up 3-3.5hours. With the Expanda we can do a lot of packing the night before and can be on the road in under an hour. Setup is better too at everything completed in about an hour. My kids are quite at the age to do jobs for me yet unsupervised, but hopefully soon. More training required!!!

Oh, and welcome to the forum @Caroline Chapman !!!;);););)