Just Browsing Sell and Buy

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Today took a short 45min drive to my nearest Jayco Dealer with wife in toe.
Looked around at what was in the yard they had Expanda Touring and Outback only 1 touring in the whole yard Starcraft (OB) and just out of curiosity had a look at a Silverline.......WOW.
We need a pop top so it will fit in the garage, made just for the van. (New House).
Anyone seen the new wheels on the OB............YUCK!

From all the vans inside the yard only 1 was perfect and just what were looking for.
It was a Expanda Touring 17.56.2. Means I dont need to buy a new car also.
Only one thing that I was concerned about is the shower. I think water will get in behind the cabinets and onto the rear bed. Sorry should have taken a photo.
Those with a pop top and have the ensuite does this happen?
Price was a little heavy at $51k drive away.

Now to my van a 2013 ( I think will need to check) 14.4.4 with annex, A/C roof mount, 2 gas bottle, twin bike rack and all the other standard bits and bobs extra T.V point to annex side. Just service by a Jayco authorised repairer and service centre about 2 months ago. Always covered when not being used and washed every time when we get back and a full wax

Im wondering what should i ask for it when i sell. I'm think 30K Yes or NO?

Thanks

EDIT - forgot to mention we looked around for a solid 30min and not once we saw a sale person.

Last edited:

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
HI @caax,
The 17.56-2 is a nice van. We have a Journey 17.55-5sh which has the shower toilet combo and the only place we found water would get out is between the gap at the bottom of the door. I fixed this by installing a shower curtain, as some others on the forum have done, and it works great. Keeps the shower door and toilet area dry. Only have to dry one wall and the floor with a chamois after showering. The 14.44-4 is a popular van, we had one prior to upgrading to our Journey. 30k seems reasonable to me. A search online will show what people are asking for them.
Cheers
Nick

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Can't help with a price for the 14.44-4 but when we signed on the dotted line for the 17.56.2 we now have I got a trade price from the dealer for the 2007 16.49.3 tourer and had the option added to advertise ourselves between signing and picking up the van. As @Rockape suggested I looked through Gumtree etc and found they were going for $3 to $5,000 more than we were offered by the dealer. Advertised it that night for $5K more than trade and were offered $500 less than we advertised for :)

Have a look through Gumtree, caravancampavansales.com.au etc and see what they are going for and take it from there..... Good luck with your "Buy and Sell"!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Forgot to mention that the only issue with water from our shower was it running down the door, onto the van's floor, when opened prior to fitting the shower curtain on both vans.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Just had a look on caravancampingsale 3 van currently for sale there. A big price difference between the 3 vans a 2012 for 36k a 2011 for 25k and a 2009 for 30k
I think 30k is reasonable realistic price for my van.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Ok will do i was thinking a long the lines of 32k but didnt want to scare people away. I know they will talk me down in price it's only natural. So 32k starting price it is.
We're in no rush we have a trip booked down south next month and want to wait until we move into the new house in about 2 months.
So the new van can go straight in the garage.

Reactions: dagree

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
Whatever you get for and if buying a new van from jayco get them to give you a non tradein price. We did and got an extra couple of $ thousands off the purchase price which meant we could afford to sell the van for slightly less and make more money in the end.

ash99

Feb 1, 2016
Lysterfield
Hi, Let me know when you come to selling the 14.44. I have just started looking for one and would be interested.

Also, just had a quote from local Jayco dealer on Saturday with pretty much the exact accessories you mentioned.

Reactions: bigcol

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Hi, Let me know when you come to selling the 14.44. I have just started looking for one and would be interested.

Also, just had a quote from local Jayco dealer on Saturday with pretty much the exact accessories you mentioned.

Sure mate it will be a few months away yet 2-3 max, waiting on house to finish.

Also would be happy to help out to reduce travel distance for forum members

Last edited:

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
I'm sizing up cost of Annex when i get the new van.

I to would be only guessing also but ball park figure i would say 3k easy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I to would be only guessing also but ball park figure i would say 3k easy

You could be close to the ball park figure @caax
Our Australiawide annex for our 17.56.2OB was $2,650 two years ago. Price included the supply of an Aussie Traveler Anti flap kit and two curved roof bars.

Best thing was that they come to yours to measure and fit!