Just Browsing Sell and Buy

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Today went for another look at the same van but with the kids. This time I had a really good look at the van and notice quite a lot a repairs work the the pop up canvas (*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* repairs) and damage to the top of metal frame. Also quite a lot of glue or silicon and part of the joins not lining up together.
The workmen ship of this van was disgusting and I would not even offer them a much lower price its that bad.
I should have taken some photo's for you.

Yet again with the whole family with me we where there for 40min easy and not a sale person come near us. They went straight to the middle age or oldies. NOT HAPPY!!

The looking continues.

Reactions: bigcol

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I'm in the process of getting my Australia wide annexe for my 17-58-3. $2650 inc anti flap kit 2 curved roof bars and front porch which was part of a show special.

Hey 17 Triton,
How did you go with Australia Wide Annex?
I was going to buy one but found that I had to ask questions twice as they ignored 1st time. Even when I finally said that I wanted to purchase it took a week for anyone to even answer. Makes me unsure that is they don't even respond to a email confirming sale then I could be waiting months for annex

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hey 17 Triton,
How did you go with Australia Wide Annex?
I was going to buy one but found that I had to ask questions twice as they ignored 1st time. Even when I finally said that I wanted to purchase it took a week for anyone to even answer. Makes me unsure that is they don't even respond to a email confirming sale then I could be waiting months for annex
No they were good with us. They did have to come back after mixing up a measurement but nothing was too much trouble for them. Very happy and great quality annexe.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
No they were good with us. They did have to come back after mixing up a measurement but nothing was too much trouble for them. Very happy and great quality annexe.

OK - thanks for the feedback. I was so disappointed that I have stalled the purchase

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
your the second person lately to mention about Australia Wide Annexes having suckky service @Vere

there was another recently

I wonder if it is that particular "shop" / Sales person................

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Is there more than one "shop". I have been dealing (or trying to deal with) the company directly in Qld.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yeah I sent a email to them to come and measure up and they never got back to me, that was a while ago now and I have since decided that I don't need a annex, so I suppose they did me a favour. :D

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Feeling the same way. Having decided we did want one the delays have given time to consider if we do need one at all

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
As we're in the flood area and can't yet get home we've had lots of opportunity to see others packing up quickly and others setting up....and having to pull things down urgently.

Some observations (for what it's worth):

• Those with a heavy canvas annexe have real issues in these conditions as the canvas is really heavy when wet and very difficult to pack away....those who do have the annexe in smaller pieces, such as two piece long walls, have fewer issues but it's still heavy when wet
  • Those with lighter annexe pieces are doing it easier...those side pieces seem to be largely mesh Windows, come in smaller pieces and are much lighter and easier to pack....though they do look to be very expensive
  • Those without any walls, screens packed up first...the wind effect on the awning was extreme
  • Those with shade side walls had fewer wind issues...the wind could tunnel through but they were certainly tied down with heavy duty pegs and ropes...several in some cases
  • Everyone used AFK bars, those with the clip ons were the first in trouble
  • Those with barrel awnings did worse than those with wind out awnings...this was a surprise as our wind out awning we thought would be less robust than the barrel and it wasn't
  • Only two vans kept their awnings up in the 300mm plus deluge with high winds...again, surprisingly, we were one of them and the other was about a 22 footer with shade side walls. We used very strong angle iron pegs and double roped...nothing moved
  • All those with full annexes had to pull them down at 2am and they took over a day to dry out
Just a few observations while we wait to be given the green light to get out...now we have landslides north of here and the pacific highway is completely closed...only way to go north is south then west to the New England.

So ...suggestions for anyone considering camping anywhere where you're likely to get strong winds and /or heavy rain....use AFK bars rather than the clip ons, carry heavy pegs and spare strong ropes, carry a good heavy hammer, carry extra cheap tarps to cover chairs etc or any outside gear as the direction of rain and wind can change quickly and use the clip together mats rather than a full annexe mat (easier to handle and quicker to dry).

I think this is still 'on topic' as the discussion is about the need for an annexe!

:( Cyclone @Dobbie signing out