Replaced flywire

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Photo of tear. It's going to pi55 me off. Our last Expanda had a tear hear and it annoyed me. I am really thinking of taking it off and getting the fly wire replaced. Scott would fiberglass fly wire be stronger?

image.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yeah, I thought I had an original idea till I found the link on this forum and since the a couple of others, though none have zips. No zips would drive me crazy changing them over when the weather changed, I was having a chat to prestige Jayco in Geelong while they were looking our van over for trade in, they said they make them without the zips for $200 each:o
Cheers
Scott

Scott,
Didn't get the chance to check sizes over the weekend but will do over the next couple of days.....
Yeah "No Zips" was the reason I've put off getting the other ones as I didn't like the idea of climbing over the bed ends to fit them in inclement weather.

Will be in touch soon with measurements and chasing payment details etc.
Cheers,
David

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Photo of tear. It's going to pi55 me off. Our last Expanda had a tear hear and it annoyed me. I am really thinking of taking it off and getting the fly wire replaced. Scott would fiberglass fly wire be stronger?

View attachment 15771
Don't know much about fiberglass wire, I use breeze mesh on annexes. thecollectiononline.com.au/uploads/product-pdf/1341.pdf

I like shade cloth as a replacement for the flywire on the bed ends as it gives you a privacy screen too and is more flexible an wont split.
I'd still just patch that split if I were you, then maybe see a physiologist about your phobia about small imperfections as it will be cheaper in the long run;) :biggrin-26:

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
View attachment 15552 View attachment 15551 I have just made a few of these windows and have listed them on ebay, if you are interested in them the prices for you guys are 2 for $75 , 3 for $105 , 4 for $135 including postage within Aus. The big windows measure 126cm x 42cm and the smaller one are 114cm x 42cm. pm me if you are interested, I can make to fit,but these will fit most Jaycos
Hi Scott measurements suitable for a 16.49-4 and if so is the offer still available?

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Yep, that's the price without the ebay fee, Those measurements are good for most Jaycos

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi Scott measurements suitable for a 16.49-4 and if so is the offer still available?
Hi again Scott how do I go about ordering the set of four (2x long and 2 x short)? I did measure one of the long side and one of the short side of my panda and the measurements are all over the shop. So I figure if the Velcro is wide enough that should cover any variations. The Velcro you use looks to be about 1/2inch wide is this right?

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Hi again Scott how do I go about ordering the set of four (2x long and 2 x short)? I did measure one of the long side and one of the short side of my panda and the measurements are all over the shop. So I figure if the Velcro is wide enough that should cover any variations. The Velcro you use looks to be about 1/2inch wide is this right?
It's 1 inch velcro top and ends and I have changed the last lot I made the other day to have 2 inch velcro along the bottom, just to be sure, if you send me an email to crustt@bigpond.com i send out an invoice and get a set in the mail.
Cheers
Scott

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
I'd just hand sew a patch over the top of the split, considering the holes are already there it should be easy for anyone to do quite a neat job. Use fine black nylon thread, cotton wont last long.