Pick up day today, yes today, peaking 9am! 22.68-1 Starcraft OB

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
+1 for the tool kit
Take a screw out of the door/drawer etc (they all seem to be the same size) and go to a fasteners place and ask for the next size up (thickness not length) buy a box of them and every time you have a loose screw chuck it in the bin get the new screw dog a tiny bit of silicon on it and wack it back in. That will be one less loose screw down the track.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Yes - about that getting it out there; we're off next weekend, and we have pretty much a whole year of trips planned. I've been addicted to wiki camps finding the best free camps and intend to laze into some of those spots. Couple of basics to work out his weekend; sort the big pile of keys into a set each! See how all the Hoses go together. Read some manuals on how things are supposed to work!

I grabbed SWMBO's nail polish (not for me @dagree ) and painted each lock a different colour
pink - back bed locks
blue - front bed locks
yellow - front locker locks

etc

then I broke them down into 2 sets

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* for the tool kit
el-cheapo from supercrap
tool kit.jpg

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Yes non slip we put it everywhere :)
Here is a video might give you some ideas of course its to sell there things

I also have a toolkit in the van, mossie candles etc
We have glad wrap, baking paper, sandwich bags, larger snap lock.
I agree we got plastic plates so can go in microwave, also a plate cover for microwave less cleaning.
Can take some pics if you want of our 22.68
There is a few threads around although not as much as Expandas although a lot of the idea's for Expanda's will work in the Starcraft

We also put a small tub in each shelf in the back wardrobe for undies/singlets saves looking for them
Thanks @davemc that will be great. By the way I'm 'not allowed' to pack anything in so went to play golf instead. I think the external bbq and tunnel boot will be all my show, along with dump point duties. @Willow4 will be watching this YouTube clip with interest!

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
+1 for the tool kit
Take a screw out of the door/drawer etc (they all seem to be the same size) and go to a fasteners place and ask for the next size up (thickness not length) buy a box of them and every time you have a loose screw chuck it in the bin get the new screw dog a tiny bit of silicon on it and wack it back in. That will be one less loose screw down the track.
That is an awesome tip. I will be following that one thank you @NoWorries

Reactions: Willow4

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* for the tool kit
el-cheapo from supercrap
View attachment 37042

OH I am so waiting for you to bring that tool kit out on the next WA Trip :D:D:D:D:D

I grabbed SWMBO's nail polish (not for me @dagree ) and painted each lock a different colour
pink - back bed locks
blue - front bed locks
yellow - front locker locks

etc

then I broke them down into 2 sets
Maybe mix and match the colours with the nail polish:behindsofa:

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Me too! Won't find anything pink in my van.....well, except marshmallows.

Hope the packing went well yesterday.
Hi @Smirke packing a bit slow as had a bit of a late night with friends and a few drinks which affected productivity today. Not sure if that fog this morning was real or imagined!

@Willow4 was very interested in the vid of Howard's storage world by @davemc so I expect to see some of those items acquired to help with the packing!

However one achievement was to take the van out for a test drive to make sure the brakes were set properly. I'm now confident that we can safely make the 3.5 hour trip to Goulburn next week!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
So today will see me making the beds, wish me luck on the singles!

I'd like to buy some plastic boxes for the bathroom cupboard. I bought some yesterday from the Reject Shop for all of the wardrobes, which we had shelved, so that I can be organised with swimmers etc.

I am hoping that the rain stops so we can get the van organised, first trip in next weekend. So this will also be our shakedown trip.
We bought a range of plastic boxes, some with lids and a dymo tape machine. Labeled and filled the boxes and placed them in the numerous cupboards in our 14.44-5 OB. Greta way to keep everything organized.
'Its in the 'cleaners' tub or 'it's in the 'packaged food' bin makes things very easy to locate.
We have bins for spare electrics, first aid, tools etc, etc. We started this with our original Jayco Penguin and expanded it (pun intended) when we set up our Panda, 'Sea Dragon'.
You need to make sure you take a notebook on your shakedown trip so you can write down all the little things that crop up that may need attention when you get back.
We also made a few check lists for setting up and packing up to make sure we don't forget to tighten the knobs, turn the fridge to DC, turn of the gas, lock the access hatches etc, etc.
Willing to post them to the forum if interested.

Have fun, Marv

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Yes non slip we put it everywhere :)
Here is a video might give you some ideas of course its to sell there things

I also have a toolkit in the van, mossie candles etc
We have glad wrap, baking paper, sandwich bags, larger snap lock.
I agree we got plastic plates so can go in microwave, also a plate cover for microwave less cleaning.
Can take some pics if you want of our 22.68
There is a few threads around although not as much as Expandas although a lot of the idea's for Expanda's will work in the Starcraft

We also put a small tub in each shelf in the back wardrobe for undies/singlets saves looking for them
Corelle plates etc are the go, light, easy to clean and don't take up much room, don't chip, micro wave and oven proof. It's the only stuff we use now at home and in the van. SWMBO will not drink from a plastic mug so we have 2 normal mugs but the hard acrylic wine glasses are great and don't spoil the taste of your preferred tiple.

Willow4

Sep 27, 2015
Newcastle, NSW
Corelle plates etc are the go, light, easy to clean and don't take up much room, don't chip, micro wave and oven proof. It's the only stuff we use now at home and in the van. SWMBO will not drink from a plastic mug so we have 2 normal mugs but the hard acrylic wine glasses are great and don't spoil the taste of your preferred tiple.
Thanks @Marv_mart. I've been considering the Corelle dinner set. I've been hoping that it would come on special at some point but me thinks that is not going to happen :)

Reactions: Gilmorehappy