Mustang

Feb 16, 2015
Melbourne Bayside
The Panda has landed!!
image.jpg

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi all, great forum you have running here!
We've made the leap from Oz-tent to van...with the arrival of our third girl there was just not enough room in the Pajero for all the gear...so we skipped the camping trailer stage and went straight to the Expanda! We can't wait for it to arrive..just 59 sleeps to go!!
I have a few questions...
-how do you stop the crockery from moving around in the cupboard...we've lashed out on some Corelle (fm DFO store at Moorabbin airport-$49 for 16 piece)
-we haven't gone with an annex..I'm thinking maybe just a shade cloth attachment to awning-eBay for this?
-I've got heavy duty suspension on the Pajero...is it likely I therefore won't need a wdh?
-I've ordered ESC, has anyone put an on/off switch in the wiring for that (for when I take it off road)?
-I've gone for the extended draw bar...intending to put a box on it...anyone know a good place to get one with side doors and drawers rather than top opening?
-last, but not least, where is the best value storage that people have found (preferably SSE Melb)?
Thanks in advance everybody!
Someone has probably answered this already, (I'm a bit slow these days). We bought Corelle as well. Have put down that non slip cupboard matting in every cupboard, and then stack plates according to what type. During our travels at Chrissy, from Melbourne when we got the van, across to Sydney, Gold Coast, back to melb then Perth, our plates didn't move at all. That included a 120km "gravel/dirt" road shortcut, thatwas meant to be bitumen.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Someone has probably answered this already, (I'm a bit slow these days). We bought Corelle as well. Have put down that non slip cupboard matting in every cupboard, and then stack plates according to what type. During our travels at Chrissy, from Melbourne when we got the van, across to Sydney, Gold Coast, back to melb then Perth, our plates didn't move at all. That included a 120km "gravel/dirt" road shortcut, thatwas meant to be bitumen.
*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*. We have some Corelle ... like wise never shifted of broken

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*...........had to ask Mrs D what the hell Corelle was though.

Reactions: Smirke

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Got no idea what make ours are (That's Mrs Dagree's job to buy!!!). Have the non slip matting between each one and they sit in one of those plastic surrounds... Whatever they're called!!!!! OH and no breakages yet :amen:

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

Mustang

Feb 16, 2015
Melbourne Bayside
Thanks all, we've gone for Corelle-with a strip of non-slip between each and on bottoms of cupboards..has worked well so far! The van has been great so far after a week of travel, we've nearly made it to Adelaide..first free camp tonight in Kingston..really enjoying the experience!image.jpg

Mustang

Feb 16, 2015
Melbourne Bayside
Well, after a few decent trips in the new van, a few thoughts for people considering extras when ordering their van, and some 'tips for newbies' I've learned;
-the filtered water tap at the kitchen sink is a must...
-consider getting your Jayco dealer to wire in 2 lines for reversing camera..I have 2 cameras at the back..it's great!
-upgrade the solar fm 120W to 150W...it costs very little..
-extended draw bar is worth it..
-an external light on the 'drivers side' of the van is great for when setting up at night..
-plastic flexi tubs are a great resource for stowing away stuff while travelling..multi uses really..
-utilising check lists for setting up / packing up is great!
-whilst free-camping, parking slightly up hill- it levels the van and allows it to remain hitched overnight..

What are some other 'newbie tips' people can suggest?

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think they do the touring model for cars, they haven't yet realized very few cars tow vans nowadays.

Just had another look, no one mentioned burn in your fridge, stove and HWS before you go away, saves stinking the place out plus you know how it works, oh and read the manuals, they can have some surprising info, may take a moment of boredom of course and 6 mths.

Reactions: Smirke and dagree