Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Seems NSW rules are bit more lax if this article is right?

Lately, we have seen reforms on LED light bar mounting from Queensland, South Australia and more recently Western Australia. NSW Roads and Maritime Services is a little late to the party, but has finally released the new amended laws surrounding the fitment of LED light bars. While previously the law dictated that auxiliary driving lights must be fitted in pairs, NSW residents now can run with just one LED light bar if so desired. But as always, there is a catch!
ADR13 has been amended to remove the requirement to fit lights in pairs, providing the lights:
Do not exceed four in total
Are wired in conjunction with the high beam circuit of the vehicle
Are fitted symmetrically about the longitudinal centreline
Face towards the front of the vehicle
Roads and Maritime now exempt vehicles from the requirement to fit additional lights in pairs, as long as all other requirements are met. Hey, I’d call that a win but what do you think?

http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/latest-led-light-bar-laws-for-nsw/

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Cruiser cracked 50,000kms the other day :cheer2:

So for her birthday I bought her a new auxiliary battery to replace the original I murdered last Xmas discharging it to 7V and then repeating the mistake a few times afterwards cause I didn't read the instructions on the battery isolator :behindsofa:

Yuasa 105ah deep cycle marine battery. Bit of a tidy up needed now with diff terminals and the extra studs.

image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Picked up a Ryobi one rattle gun before Xmas. It was reduced 40%. Thought it'd be handy. When I got a puncture done last week the fitter was telling me he uses one and reckons there tops. So dug it out and when at bunnings yesterday I bought a kinchrome wheel socket set. Last time I did a van wheel change the nuts were insanely tight (with no lube) so although I have redone them all now. I reckon this will be handy, Bit of an overkill but have probably garanteed I won't need it anymore! I already carry the battery and charger so it's just rattle gun weight really.

image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Fitted another ctek monitor on the main battery. The first has been excellent and sends me a message if it has talked to the car for a week!

image.jpeg
image.png

Reactions: bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy been thinking about doing the same for a little bit now, has there been any noticable performance improvement?

Yep that's really why I bought it. Friend had same fitted, I noticed they pick up a bit better. Certainly it's spooling up faster than with stock.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
You can get the exhaust in three combinations of twin all the way through

Straight through no cats no mufflers :bounce:

Twin Cats twin front and rear mufflers , garanteed no droning for towing :).

Twin Cats twin rear mufflers. This is what I got. But I can replace the muffler delete section with centre muffler anytime if it drones.

The twin front and rears sound good too. This is a system hear.

This is the difference in cats, besides the 200 having a standard two into one system It also has 4 cats .

The 4 standard cats are normal like this.

image.jpeg

The new system has two high flow cats like this :p

image.jpeg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Phew!!!

At the risk of causing a digression I want to check on how you realised your battery could be low....Or if you did.

I find with a dual battery system with all the electronic stuff that runs all the time I can find both my batteries lowish if I don't check regularly...every couple of weeks as a minimum. We don't use this vehicle for everyday running around so it often goes a couple of weeks without use....batteries then running down.

A pain and yet another thing to check.

Do you use another monitoring system?

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Phew!!!

At the risk of causing a digression I want to check on how you realised your battery could be low....Or if you did.

I find with a dual battery system with all the electronic stuff that runs all the time I can find both my batteries lowish if I don't check regularly...every couple of weeks as a minimum. We don't use this vehicle for everyday running around so it often goes a couple of weeks without use....batteries then running down.

A pain and yet another thing to check.

Do you use another monitoring system?

Not sure I get you? The ctek battery sense monitors the battery and sends an alert via Bluetooth if the battery drops below a certain % or if it hasn't heard from it in a while?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Sounds like this is way beyond my technology level.

All I want is some easy way to check battery levels without all the bells and whistles. I use a voltmeter into the cig sockets for each battery and a panic button when they're low.

And a ctek to charge them up when needed but not a permanent fixture.

Having a hate relationship with my mobile...and using it way below its potential capability...I cringe at the thought of relying on it to monitor my batteries.

Thanks anyway.

:focus:

Reactions: Delano