Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
When I got the mchitch I cut a deal for a set of clear views . Didn't save a fortune but had really been considering them. Iam just over anything that's a hassle TBH and mirrors are one of them. Fitted up pretty easy but it's led to another mod coming. ;)

image.jpeg

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
When I got the mchitch I cut a deal for a set of clear views . Didn't save a fortune but had really been considering them. Iam just over anything that's a hassle TBH and mirrors are one of them. Fitted up pretty easy but it's led to another mod coming. ;)

View attachment 44830
When you fitted the Clearviews did you have to take out the door cards? I have looked at the install video for the LC200 and it seems to be a bit fiddly with removing and replacing the door cards to get to the mirror electrical plug. I am thinking of fitting Clearviews to our new LC200, but was a bit put off by the install video.

The bolting on bit looks fine, but making the electrical connection seems to be a bit complex. I note you say they fitted pretty easy, how long did it take per side and did you have to get any special tools?

Thanks
Terry

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
When you fitted the Clearviews did you have to take out the door cards? I have looked at the install video for the LC200 and it seems to be a bit fiddly with removing and replacing the door cards to get to the mirror electrical plug. I am thinking of fitting Clearviews to our new LC200, but was a bit put off by the install video.

The bolting on bit looks fine, but making the electrical connection seems to be a bit complex. I note you say they fitted pretty easy, how long did it take per side and did you have to get any special tools?

Thanks
Terry

Did my clearviews myself on 2014 LC200. Takes around 10 to 15 minutes a door. Electrical is a straight plug in connection. No special tools needed.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Thanks Jim it sounds like the door cards come off ok without too much trouble.
I will now seriously consider the Clearviews down the track $ permitting.
Regards
Terry
PS Also thanks to peterg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Big arse Dodge sounds better though........actually while it looks good I prefer the shape of the 100's or earlier Patrols, I think the integrated rear bumper on 4x4's nowadays is a retrograde step.

Reactions: bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
:focus: Interested to see how the new tyres go @achjimmy, will be looking for a new set next year and doubt I'll go coopers again

Yeah interesting to see how they go. Known a few people running them and they are huge in the US. Funny at the risking of upsetting the cooper fans but nittos and BFG are huge in the US coopers are no where near the same popularity. These are made in Japan and the side wall was noticeably thicker than the BFG ATs , the sales guy couldn't get over how heavy they were either lot of steel and rubber I guess and for a $100 a corner cheaper than coopers :bounce:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Anybody doing the clear-views there's a few tricks to assist. When you follow there video to remove it and get to the end when you have to bump it up. Don't go to far as there's a plastic pin in the centre that likes to break! And then get ready for the door trim to drop and the cables will tear the plastic if your not quick. For refitting make sure all the Xmas tree plugs are removed and refitted to the door lining first. To get the window rubber track in I found it easier to have the window down, you can then hook it in . It ll make sense when you see it. Also watch the Xmas tree plug at the top front when starting. It is easily dislodged and or breaks it's mounting when your struggling with the window rubber track. I found after tightening the mirror and leaving for a while it tighten further, I then losened each nut and applied loctite. No way I want those suckers coming loose!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have found a lot of fellas lately that are not going back to Coopers, saying the price and they don't perform any better than some other cheaper tyres..........I know I'm going to a less aggressive tread next time, better in the wet and sand not to mention fuel economy.

Those wheels really do set up your truck @achjimmy , really well.