Our 18-57-6

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Burnsy,

Quick question concerning your solar panels, how long are they? and how far back on the van do they sit? I can see the front edge near the j/box on the photo's, but I can't see the back edge, does the rear bar sit at the rear edge of the panel or is it mounted forward of the rear edge of the panel? and they sit back over the rear section of the roof where that side moulding is, and how have you attached the panels to the bars?

Dave

P.S. Panels I'm looking at are 130W, 1210mm(L) x 808mm(W), width is no problem just concerned about the length.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Burnsy,

Quick question concerning your solar panels, how long are they? and how far back on the van do they sit? I can see the front edge near the j/box on the photo's, but I can't see the back edge, does the rear bar sit at the rear edge of the panel or is it mounted forward of the rear edge of the panel? and they sit back over the rear section of the roof where that side moulding is, and how have you attached the panels to the bars?

Dave

P.S. Panels I'm looking at are 130W, 1210mm(L) x 808mm(W), width is no problem just concerned about the length.
Hi Dave, the rear bar is the end of panels. I'd either have to measure, get online or find paper work for the length.....I'll see what I can do!
Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Finally got around to fixing up the crappy looking fm antenna that had gone brown from the sun, just shrunk some heat shrink tubing over it and pushed a black cap over the end....looks heaps better!
:) FM antenna.jpg

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Finally got around to fixing up the crappy looking fm antenna that had gone brown from the sun, just shrunk some heat shrink tubing over it and pushed a black cap over the end....looks heaps better!
:) View attachment 28632
Great idea mate! You are a thinker aren`t ya! I will have to remember that for mine if it goes that way. Do you still use a cover over your van?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yet another hurdle with the van, 2 1/2 years old and check out our vanity unit....I will email Jayco and let you know what response I get! >:(

yellow items 010.jpg

Last edited: