Only Three Weeks Left

kimlouise

Jan 19, 2012
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Thanks, that is great to hear. Now all I have to do is follow up with the dealer on monday about the led lighting. We have paid extra for the mattresses, but just assumed the led lighting in the OB was standard. Hopefully it means we get a bit of money back from the extra we paid for the innersprings.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks, that is great to hear. Now all I have to do is follow up with the dealer on monday about the led lighting. We have paid extra for the mattresses, but just assumed the led lighting in the OB was standard. Hopefully it means we get a bit of money back from the extra we paid for the innersprings.

You would hope so, our dealer was quite surprised about the matresses, he actually had a look of shock on his face we he noticed,:jaw: he hadn't actually been in the van before us.

He went in with us, it was his first look too.

I would insist on getting the money back.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Maaaate, she looks bloody sensational....I bet you couldn't wipe that smile of your face...LOL Any hassles getting the kids out...haha

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Maaaate, she looks bloody sensational....I bet you couldn't wipe that smile of your face...LOL Any hassles getting the kids out...haha

Thanks, I was really happy, everything was where I wanted it and it looked exactly s expected.

It was a bit of problem getting the kids out, they wanted to take it home there and then, but finally understood that it needed to be registered and detailed first.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Looks smick Mick, good to note that the extended drawbar adds about 40kg to the ball weight for anyone with a max 250kg limit.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well tomorrow is the day.
We will pick up our beauty at 9 in the morning, with a guided tour of our van and the many wonderful things that it can do.
It is supposed to take somewhere to 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the handover, so I've been told from the dealer.

The rain has put a bit of a dampener on things, but atleast the handover will be done undercover.

Anyhow I am looking forward to taking delivery of the van.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Congrats.....

Try and get some sleep tonight and try to wipe the smile from your face tomorrow when you get your keys!!!!

Have you got a weight distribution hitch and are they fitting it? Is your trailer plug all ok?? Brake controller??

Hope all goes well and can't wait to see some pictures of it all hooked up!!!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Have you got a weight distribution hitch and are they fitting it?
I am hoping I don't need one, I stiffened the rear end up with HD springs. Mr Nissan also suggests that I don't use a WDH, maybe the towbar can't handle it, I'm not sure, so heres hoping everything will be fine.:gossip:I hope

Is your trailer plug all ok??
Trailer plug sorted, all wiring done and ready to go.:rockon:

Brake controller??
In and waiting to be used.:bounce:

Hope all goes well and can't wait to see some pictures of it all hooked up!!!
Yes there will be lots:tongue1:

Thanks

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Good one Mick, big day tomorrow. My handover took about 30minutes as I just wanted to go ad drive with the panda on the back...lololol
Rain is good mate, at least you'll know where the leaks are...and hopefully there's none.

Good luck tomorrow mate. Insurance in place I hope.

Cheers

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
I am very jealous. we also got a call from Jayco saying no to a WDH for the Challenger, luckily I had already beefed up the suspension and added Pollyair bags. should be enough. A little rough on the ride with them fully inflated and no VAN. lol

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I am very jealous. we also got a call from Jayco saying no to a WDH for the Challenger, luckily I had already beefed up the suspension and added Pollyair bags. should be enough. A little rough on the ride with them fully inflated and no VAN. lol

I had the patrol set up with 400kg constant load, I don't find it too rough. I hope that will be enough for the weight on the draw bar though.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, pick up was today.

Everything went quite smoothly with the handover. A few problems were found. The extra external light that we had fitted on the road side of the van had no off switch, so it stayed on all the time. Not sure what Jayco was thinking on that one. The second, being that one of the gas cradles on the front was not on straight, both will be fixed on the first service.

Apart from that it towed beautifully and we started packing our gear into it this afternoon.

Will take some more pictures when the weather clears up.